25-06 factory ammunition in a 25-06 AI ???

WildCats

Would there be any issues running factory loads through an Ack. Imp .25 or would it be no different than fire forming a case? I realize accuracy may suffer, just don't want any issues. Custom rifle if it makes any difference.

Thanks fella's,
WC

You will have no issues at all, my fireforming loads actually shoot great in my 25-06 AI. This is one attractive feature of the A.I's, if you are out of town and somehow lost your reloads. Go buy a box of 25-06 ammo found everywhere and enjoy your day. Keep your brass it will be fireformed when done.

Your point of impact will most likely be a little different. My buddy had a 25AI and his fire forming loads were his standard 25-06 load of 52 grs H-4831 and a 117 Sierra bullet. His AI loads used a bit more H-4831. We did all the fire forming shooting at 100 yards and there was 1/8 inch difference in windage between his two loads. The 06 loads would go into one ragged hole and the AI loads would go into one ragged hole 1/8" to the right. Out to 300 yards or so a deer would not know the difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.