1093 yards

taptap

I reached 1000 meters at Borris in Denmark last week, both saturday and sunday. Rifle is a Blaser R8 in 300winmag in GRS Ragnarok chassis. Bullet 178grs eld-m. Moderate wind 1-2m/sec and a very interesting experience. Learned a lot, still many things to learn!
Those of you visiting (or living in) Europe: coldbore range.
Sitting behind a tripod which is a more realistic hunting position I was able to reach out to 600 meters without trouble.

tap2

It's unfortunate that there hasn't been any interest in what member from another nation has to offer us with his experience.

Here is the chassis he's using:

1684072933630.png

About average for the upper end of our U.S. price scale, $1,400.00

I know quite a few of the current members are bemoaning the fact that our Federal gov't. has banned Strelok and Pro here in the U.S. Your range offers instructions and video support for this program which makes sense.
There is a wide variety of LR and ELR ranges available which is a great advantage for the offers of competition.

New dates are ready for booking!

The shooting season of 2023 has begun at the ColdBoreRange.

https://coldborerange.safeticket.dk

All the things we already do to improve your shooting skills on all the ranges will still be in place.
Always 100 m zeroing paper, Electronic target at 800 m, visual hit indicators on steel from 800 and out, 10 m windflag for windgradient at 1200 m, FaceTime video feed on targets from 1 Mile, 2K, 1.5Miles, 2 Miles and 3500 m.
Free to use spotter scopes, LabRadar and MagnetoSpeeds and help to spot you if you need it.
Kestrels for Atmospherics and Wind speed on demand and Ballistic App help for Strelok and Applied ballistics phone version.

New RangeMember Coins are now availble!
Both the numbers from 151-180 and CUSTOMS coins, where you choose the text on the coin!
https://coldborerange.safeticket.dk/.../_Range_Member_-coins
Just write your full name, plus the text for the coin during the contribution.

"ColdBore Masters" competition.
An "Extended Long Range" competition where you compete against yourself. The rules are simple:
10 shoots in max 15 min.
No shoots fired on the same day at that distance. Only one try per day.
Much be verified by at least two spotters, where one is a ColdBoreCrew Member.
Your bullet must be subsonic at the target.
Competition is for 2K, 1.5 mile, 2 Miles and 3500 m.
ColdBore hit: Black medal sticker
2-3rd hit: Gold medal sticker
4-5th hit: Silver medal sticker
6-10th Hit: Bronze medal sticker

See you soon
ColdBoreCrew

"How to-videos" for Long Range shooting

Tall Target Test

Strelok setup

Applied Ballistic setup

Speed Drop

First time at the Range
Shooting options at ColdBoreRange.
The area where we shoot is 30 km. in diameter. So there is plenty of space and gives us scalability options.
Depended on the need, we mostly use 5 different ranges: ELR range (3218m), 1 Mile range (1600m), 2x1000m ranges, 1x600m.
Are you a club and wish to have one range all by yourself, please write to us.
Remember we have Swarovski spotter scopes, chronographs, and a "Tall Target Test" you can use for free
If you have any questions, please write to us.
The most important is that you have a good time while you are shooting with us.
Best regards
Thomas and Sandro

Well, the links didn't copy as I hoped but you can use the link supplied (OP) above to find these links for viewing.

Thank you for letting us view this range!

:)

What animals are you hunting there? Send pictures of your harvest.
Personally I've hunted roedeer, red deer, fallow deer, wild boar and once a 'Ovis gmelini' which are now all but extinct since the reappearance of wolves in our country.
"Long range" is another thing; 200 meters is my max until now since it is not in our hunting culture to shoot much beyond 100 or so meters and one tends to spark strong emotions when doing so. I have lost a hunting ground after shooting two roedeer at 170 and 200 meters, both shots couldn't have been better placed but the owner didn't accept that.
20211027_140658.jpg

This is the last deer I shot

Personally I've hunted roedeer, red deer, fallow deer, wild boar and once a 'Ovis gmelini' which are now all but extinct since the reappearance of wolves in our country.
"Long range" is another thing; 200 meters is my max until now since it is not in our hunting culture to shoot much beyond 100 or so meters and one tends to spark strong emotions when doing so. I have lost a hunting ground after shooting two roedeer at 170 and 200 meters, both shots couldn't have been better placed but the owner didn't accept that.View attachment 467242
Congratulations! Nice stag

"Long range" is another thing; 200 meters is my max until now since it is not in our hunting culture to shoot much beyond 100 or so meters and one tends to spark strong emotions when doing so. I have lost a hunting ground after shooting two roedeer at 170 and 200 meters, both shots couldn't have been better placed but the owner didn't accept that.View attachment 467242
Very nice!

Nice stag. Congratulations. Thanks for posting this. Thanks for the picture. Please post pictures when you completed your hunt.

Awesome stag, keep up the good work! You said since the reappearance of wolves in your country. Did your government reintroduce them or are they moving in from somewhere else?
They naturally migrated in a few years ago from Eastern Europe - Poland - Germany and they are considered a native species which is to be protected (after 170 years absence). Although there are always conspiracy people who think they are brought here in vans. At the moment the population grows and nuisance and damages to livestock and wild game are also growing. The public debate is quite polarized pro or anti. Managing wolves is not allowed, we will see what happens in the next few years, hopefully no human 'accidents'.

The Netherlands are about four times the size of your Yellowstone park and has 18 Million people, many ask if there is room for a top predator.

Wow good luck with that issue. We have seen the wolves devastate the elk population here in western Montana for years. We have had a season for awhile now, much to the dismay of lots of bunny huggers that think the wolves should still be protected. They are very smart animals and I think the vast majority of the ones that do get killed are caught in baited traps. I hope you guys get it figured out before it is gets to far out of hand! Thanks for sharing the information and good luck with your future hunting.

Wow good luck with that issue. We have seen the wolves devastate the elk population here in western Montana for years. We have had a season for awhile now, much to the dismay of lots of bunny huggers that think the wolves should still be protected. They are very smart animals and I think the vast majority of the ones that do get killed are caught in baited traps. I hope you guys get it figured out before it is gets to far out of hand! Thanks for sharing the information and good luck with your future hunting.
It's sad to see the destruction taking place around the world. The reintroduction of wolves in Colorado this year will be the death of the largest elk heard here in the US. It only took ten years in Yellowstone for a 90% reduction. I'll give it probably five years, and the OTC tags in CO will be a thing of the past and us as a community, are going to sit and let the extreme left slowly take away what we all love. If I had it to do all over again, I would have never had children and saved them from this ridiculous woke culture we've allowed to happen.