7mmx300Win @ 1765 yards

cummin-un-glued;

YJAY is the kind of shooting that I am trying to accomplish only at around 1000
yards with my 300 Win Mag.,,, 24 inch barl, burger 210 gr, match VLD, HPBT.

Win. Brass, WIN, mag, primers, 70 gr, H4831SC. seatind depth 3.615 and workin up.. Out of 12 shots, I hit a 14 inch ring 8 times..

I just got a kestrel weather machine, haven't tried it yet..

Would you please tell me a little about yor rifle?? Barrel length, scope, and some about the load you use..

Thank you

Knapper

cumin-un-glued

Now that I know where you are in this forum, I feel much better.. This forum takes some getting used too..

I am sincerely happy that you will help me build my 7MMX300Win Mag and I promise not to drive you crazy.. ( I hope) (Grin)

You ask what kind of Savage that I have??

It is the Model 110, 300 Win Mag, with the heavy Barrel, (Savage tells me it is the TARGET model, 1:10 twist, 24 inch barrel. It has the accutrigger. It is
mounted on the H-S precision Remington 700,VERTICAL GRIP LONG RANGE
STOCK WITH THE METAL, ADJUSTABLE CHEEK PIECE..
It has the Vortex Viper, VPR-M-06MD, 6.5-20 x 50 PA MIL-DOT scope mounted.

The other 300 Win Mag that I have is a Winchester, model 70 (1965) excellent 24 inch barrel, 1;10 twist, It is the standard, Ranch style, hunter version..

I hope that helps for the information needed;

knapper

cumin-un-glued

Now that I know where you are in this forum, I feel much better.. This forum takes some getting used too..

I am sincerely happy that you will help me build my 7MMX300Win Mag and I promise not to drive you crazy.. ( I hope) (Grin)

You ask what kind of Savage that I have??

It is the Model 110, 300 Win Mag, with the heavy Barrel, (Savage tells me it is the TARGET model, 1:10 twist, 24 inch barrel. It has the accutrigger. It is
mounted on the H-S precision Remington 700,VERTICAL GRIP LONG RANGE
STOCK WITH THE METAL, ADJUSTABLE CHEEK PIECE..
It has the Vortex Viper, VPR-M-06MD, 6.5-20 x 50 PA MIL-DOT scope mounted.

The other 300 Win Mag that I have is a Winchester, model 70 (1965) excellent 24 inch barrel, 1;10 twist, It is the standard, Ranch style, hunter version..

I hope that helps for the information needed;

knapper

If you haven't read this thread I suggest you read it front to back as I feel it will answer many of your questions.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/anyone-own-7mm-300-win-mag-51404/

After that its just a matter of deciding which of your rifles you want to rebarrel and then pick a smith to do the work and send him the components you want to use.

If you have any specific questions I will do my best to answer them.

cummin-un-glued;

Do you happen to know where I could find a GOOD quality 28 inch, 7 MM barrel, that I can have it threaded to fit my Savage, Model 110?? Or does
anyone else know???

Knapper

Last edited:
Nice rifle and nice shooting! I'm going to have to make it up to your place before long to do some shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.