7mmx300Win @ 1765 yards

cummin_un_glued

So i'm in Wyoming hunting and my guide was kind enough to take me out and let me do some ELR testing on a 23"x23" plate with my new rifle. Here is the link to the rifle information

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f53/my-new-7mmx300win-121128/

Shot it at 1005 just to verify my drop with the higher elevation then proceeded to move on back to 1340. took a couple rounds to get on target because my dumb self didn't realize you have to calibrate a new kestrel but once I got on target these were the next 5 consecutive rounds.

The next day we moved the target and got on out to 1765 yards where again it took a couple rounds to get on. the program was 3 clicks low on the first round then it was just a matter of getting the wind to work with me. ended up hitting 4 of 20 with at least 10 of the misses being just inches of either side because of the wind.

The wind at a mile is very humbling for sure. my drop was 45.5 moa, 1.5 moa for spin drift and coriolis then another 2.5 moa for wind for a total of 4 moa.

Wow impressive shooting. I remember your rifle in the picture thread. I am glad it shoots as good as it looks.

I have been shooting a 7/300 Weatherby for about 20 years. Shoots like a laser beam. Many long range whitetail kills and several elk. Been through about 4 barrels though. Great shooter and kills out to 1200-1400 cleanly when we do our part. 168 SMK or VLD around 3250-3300

Nice shooting withn that Winchester!!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.