You think GAS is HIGH

Anyone want to go out in the Gulf of Mexico with me? My truck gets bout 7-8 mpg while pulling my boat and my boat gets about 1.75 mpg. figure on a 125 mile ride from gps to gps spots. Have no idea how much a pin fish, cigar minnow or ruby red lips costs now. 2 years ago it was almost $100 for three people to buy bait.

My boat hasn't left my yard in 2 years except to move it from my old place to where I live now. I throw a bottle of Stabil in it and pull it round the property with my tractor to mix the stabil with the gas and to roll the tires around a little. My neighbors all call when when I'm pulling the boat around. Most ask if I;m going or coming! They must already know I didn't catch anything!

Screenshot_20220522-080227_Chrome.jpg

Uh-oh don't tell JimFromTN know about this thread he will jump over from the Gas thread and educate us all on how this is Trump's fault, the farmers fault, the oil companies fault, putins fault, gods fault, the devils fault, My fault, your fault, and anyone's but Brandon's fault.

Went to buy some corn for the deer feeder and a Hog feeding station. Last week it was $26.00 per 100lbs. Today it was $30 per hundred.

I asked the owner what happened. He said that he can't keep up with changing the price signs on everything. Said that since diesel is up transportation is up. Also since Brandon increased Ethanol from 10% to 15% - E15. CORN is skyrocketing. Not only are we useing up our corn crop. increasing everything made from corn and we that tax payed are subsidizing corn production. Ethanol is is very bad for internal combustion engines and all the fuel systems.

The United States aslo has the most amount of Oil & Natural Gas in the World- WAS ENEGRY INDEPENDENT UNTIL Jan 22, 2021. BUT BRANDON SHUT DOWN PRODUCTION.

Look at the chart on consumstion worldwide of Ethanol The United Stated is double what the rest of the World uses.

Corn per bushel is about $8.00. A bushel of corn weighs 56 pounds. Buy 2 bushels, that's 112 pounds. They should only charge you about $16.00 for 112 pounds, at the elevator. Bring the pickup truck, they'll fill the whole box for ya,good luck, don't let em overcharge ya, if you're trying to feed the hogs, to make money.

My wife is the best shopper, coupons for everything, plans her trips to the stores for best deals. She says inflated prices are more like 70% not 8.3%. We're on a fixed income as many here are. All major projects to do landscape and remodel inside have come to a halt. So does buying parts for a new rifle build
and buying components. We need to weather the financial storm by just shutting down purchases and saving. Retirement is not working out too well. It's actually getting scary.

Sounds like Sue and me. We have an investment but can't take advantage because we would loose bigly.

We sold three acres last year. I set $200 aside for bullets other wise I wouldn't have money to get any now.

Corn per bushel is about $8.00. A bushel of corn weighs 56 pounds. Buy 2 bushels, that's 112 pounds. They should only charge you about $16.00 for 112 pounds, at the elevator. Bring the pickup truck, they'll fill the whole box for ya,good luck, don't let em overcharge ya, if you're trying to feed the hogs, to make money.
I buy from a feed store by the bag to help out local people in our town. don't have any large grain suppliers for many miles.

Yup - I think gas is high. I drive to my club once a week. The club is 150mi from my home. My Tahoe did very well at about 23 mi/gal but it still cost $67 to refuel when I got home. Add to that $16.50 for tolls and it cost $84 just to get to the range and back. Makes a $50 box of bullets sound pretty reasonable.
OK! You just made me zip my lips. I had been complaining to whoever listened about how I had to drive 38 miles up hill to get to my shooting range (3,500 ft elevation change) and coast (sort of) 38 miles down hill to get home. Bottom line it costs $22 for gas to shoot 50 rounds of 45ACP reloads and 50 rounds of 22LR. I now consider this a bargain.:D:D:D:D

OK! You just made me zip my lips. I had been complaining to whoever listened about how I had to drive 38 miles up hill to get to my shooting range (3,500 ft elevation change) and coast (sort of) 38 miles down hill to get home. Bottom line it costs $22 for gas to shoot 50 rounds of 45ACP reloads and 50 rounds of 22LR. I now consider this a bargain.:D:D:D:D
I think I got it figured out , if you have deer in your neighborhood plant a garden harvest your fresh produce , when the deer show up shoot a deer or two get you a milk goat and let him mow your yard . I think at least you can save on gas , corn , meat milk , produce and fertilizer.