what do you lot think

col48

hi all
is there any of the hunting sticks that are being built by your chaps capable of beating this record, http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek071.html and if not what would one need.
having read some of the reports on hear and how well the factory actions that have been tinkered with shoot,it got me to wondering.
and what dose the USA record stand at.
thanks
Colin

The current IBS (International Benchrest Shooters)1000 yd. records are:
Light Gun--- 5 shot group 1.564" R. DeSimone 8/17/02
Heavy Gun--- 10 shot group 3.472" B. Crawford 8/16/98

hi docED
do you know what the rifles and calibers where for them groups.in the light gun your recored is nearly a 1" smaller,but as i believe it we don't have that many 1000y shooters over hear,and we don't have a lot of rangers ether.
that is probably y,(because of the ranges).
i think the closest 1000y range from me is about 80 to 90 miles from me.
thanks
Colin

Rich De was using a 6.5-284 Shehane and 147 clinch Rivers (5-shot group)

The HG record is 10-shot

NBRSA Light gun- Bill Schrader - 300 win 1.4xx" 5-shot

Williamsport 10-shot LIGHT GUN - 4.27" with a 6BR (I just missed this last match with a 4.7" also with a 6BR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Williamsport HG - 3.151 - 300Wby Imp

Ken B shot a 3.8" group at the world open the other week with a straight 300WBY and 240's

For ease of use, a 300WBY would be tough to beat.

6BR is also tough to beat, as I was using a no-turn chamber and did NO brass prep on the brass...doesn't get easier than that. (Check the previous GOTW for more info on that)

JB

[ QUOTE ]
300WBY would be tough to beat

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad they are so inaccurate because of the belt and curved shoulders. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.