Xbolt stalker or xbolt hell’s canyon worth the price difference?

55stone

is it worth the extra almost 300 dollars for the x bolt hells canyon? It really doesn't seem to have many differences minus the color of the stock and the brunt bronze on the action and barrel. It does come with a longer barrel that has a muzzle brake.. looking at getting one in 6.5 CM. Any input is greatly appreciated thanks

Last edited:
I have the Hells Canyon Speed in 300 win mag and love it, its light, shoots 1/2 to 3/4 moa depending on load, the muzzle brake does a good job albeit loudly, I would buy it again

I have a Browning HC McMillan rifle in 6.5 Creed. It is, without a doubt, the best shooting factory rifle that I have ever owned.
There are just two things:
1. The trigger really does need to be replaced with something better. I installed a Timney because it was easy to locate. It works fine and is easily adjustable. However, it deactivates the bolt release button which was a nice feature.
2. The brake is a hollowed out piece of pipe. It is a brake in appearance only. You should replace it with a "real" brake or just slap a nice thread protector on it. I put a barrel-contour matched VAIS brake on my rifle and am very happy with its fit and appearance. Since the Creed doesn't kick, I wasn't worried about how efficient the replacement brake was or wasn't.

Last edited:
1. You really don't need a brake on a 6.5.
2. I doubt one will be more accurate than the other, but both should be as accurate as the shooter can be.
3. Get what tugs at your heartstrings. 300.00 isn't much when you consider how long a rifle lasts. $300.00 over 30 yrs ends up being 10 bucks a year... or 84 cents a day.

I wanted an X-bolt with the McMillan stock, but I am left handed. I think the only one made was for the catalog pic. I am in the process of "building" one.

X-bolt Hunter - 30-06
Timney trigger
McMillian Game Scout stock

The only thing left is the barrel. This is where I keep getting stuck. I can't decide if I want a fluted Bartlein 3B or a Hell's Canyon Armory carbon fiber wrapped barrel.

I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

I own two Hell's Canyon rifles (one Speed and one Long Range) and am buying a third tomorrow. As others have said, they shoot fantastic. I really like the bronze finish and the ATACS pattern on the stocks. The bronze finish is very durable and as a hunting partner of mine mentioned, it the overall gun blends very nicely with the surroundings. The trigger in each model is also adjustable, which is a nice feature as well.

I wanted an X-bolt with the McMillan stock, but I am left handed. I think the only one made was for the catalog pic. I am in the process of "building" one.
I would love to hear everyone else's thoughts.

I have a LH Browning HC Longrange, McMillan in 6.5Creed. It is, without a doubt, the most accurate production rifle that I've ever owned. I have regularly shot groups that range from 1"-1.75" @ 400yds with a variety of bullets.

It DID take a year for the ordered rifle to get to my LGS.

I finally got all of my parts gathered up and sent to the gunsmith.

It will be a true unicorn.

Left handed Browning X-bolt Hell's Canyon long range McMilliam chambered in .270 Win.

let the .270 bashing begin............

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.