Opinions on Xbolt Western Hunter & Hell’s Canyon Speed

CarbonLead

I was looking at getting a Browning Xbolt Western Hunter or Hells Canyons Speed. I was wondering if any of you guys here had one or spent some time behind one and could give me some good insight on them. Thanks!!

I have the Hell's Canyon Speed in 28 Nosler. I haven't reloaded for it yet, just shooting 175 grain ABLR factory rounds. So far I can't say anything but good about the rifle, shoots and handles very nice. Very accurate and smooth.

Was shooting a Hells Canyon Speed 6.5 CM today out to 500. All I can say is wow!

I had a Speed in 6.5 Creedmoor. Sure was a shooter. I wasn't into Brownings before that gun but thats all changed now. Looking at buying another one in a larger cartridge but haven't decided which one.

I have one in 6.5CM, lovely little hunting rifle! Shoots great, handles nicely, a joy to carry around on a Deer hunt. Bulletproof finish on the stock and metal, so I have no qualms about loaning it out also. Highly recommended from me.

Also have one in the 6.5 Creedmoor. It's right at .5 moa. Sometimes little under, Sometimes little over and that's probably me.

Wish I had one in the 7mm RM myself.

My buddy has one in 300 Win Mag. It shoots great with Nosler 180 grain accubond factory loads. Used on a WY elk this October, one shot at 250, dead elk...

Have Browning rifles 2 A Bolt and 1 X Bolt Stalker all shoot 3/8" groups or under. And when Santa comes to town I think he might be bringing a X Bolt Hells Canyon Speed 7 mag.. Wouldn't hesitate to buy a Browning.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.