Difference in Browning Hells Canyon Speed and Western Hunter?

aboss014

I am interested in buying a Browning X Bolt. I like the hells canyon speed version but the western hunter looks very similar. The only difference I see is on the hells version the barrel is cerokote finish. The western hunter can be had for $200-$300 cheaper. Anyone have any experience or opinions on these guns? Also, I am interested in the 7mm Rem Mag but am not completely set on it. Also interested in the 26 Nosler and the 6.5 Creedmore. I am a little nervous of the availability of the latter calibers mentioned. I plan to use this out west hunting whitetail, mule deer, and elk. Thanks in advance.

You can't go wrong with a Browning I have a few A bolts and X bolts the newest one is a X Bolt stalker in 6.5 CM. Very accurate rifles. If you are going to be hunting in all kinds of nasty weather go with the cerokote, if not, the western hunter would be a fine choice. As for caliber, it would be hard to beat a 7 Mag for what you want to hunt, ammo availability would be easier to find for the 7 mag. If you handload your own ammo then the 26 Nosler would be the better choice.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.