Browning Hells Canyon Speed

Dosh

Inlaw ordered a Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 CM. Anyone know if their "composite" stock is Tupperware or other?

Tupperware. Feels nice though with the duratouch. Just shot mine today for the first time. Under 1/2 inch with factory precision hunter 143 eldx. First 3 shots out of the rifle. Couldn't be happier

Factory Browning stocks are not super sturdy, but they do come factory bedded, and it should shoot fine. I've had two A-Bolt II Composite Stalkers, both 7mmRM, and they both shot lights-out in the factory stocks...Especially with handloads.

Give it a shot and see how it shoots first. I think McMillan and Manners both make stocks for them.

Wow, Tupperware. Pricey rifle to come with Tupperware. We'll definitely do hand loads. His Ruger Precision shoots the 140 Bergers very accurately so the Hells Canyon should also. Thanks for the replies.

Mine HC speed was taken out of its original stock and came to me in a McMillan Scout stock. Shot it first time yesterday with Fed fusion 140 grain and it was in the .4's for a 5 shot group. Wish the bullet they use in that ammo had a better BC. I digress, but to your point I have 2 other X-bolts ibn original stocks and they both shooty right at .5 moa. I think you will be fine with the OEM stock.

Mine HC speed was taken out of its original stock and came to me in a McMillan Scout stock. Shot it first time yesterday with Fed fusion 140 grain and it was in the .4's for a 5 shot group. Wish the bullet they use in that ammo had a better BC. I digress, but to your point I have 2 other X-bolts ibn original stocks and they both shooty right at .5 moa. I think you will be fine with the OEM stock.

There are two Hell's Canyon Speed rifles. The "standard" and then there's the one that comes with the McMillan stock. Did yours come with the McMillan stock or did you upgrade to it? If it came standard, how much did you pay for it?

There are two Hell's Canyon Speed rifles. The "standard" and then there's the one that comes with the McMillan stock. Did yours come with the McMillan stock or did you upgrade to it? If it came standard, how much did you pay for it?

I bought mine from martinakl (the poster above). Since mine is the 22" barrel I assume it came in the regular stock and martinakl upgraded to the McMillan. I believe the barrel length is longer on the factory McMillan production rifle.

Mobenzowner, glad the rifle is shooting for you!

Got some 140 grain Berger VLD hunting bullets in as well. Shot a quick seating depth test with very low powder chg of 38.0 imr4451. The best group was at .010 off the lands. Now going to start walking up the powder charge. Did it show any pressure at the charges you tried in the for sale post??

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.