Will a Weaver 6x20 GrandSlam do it.

Deerndingo

As the title asks, what's the thoughts on a Weaver 6x20x40 Grand Slam. I'm thinking no more than 600m. I have a 7mm Rem Magnum in a Rem SPS (26"), B&C Medalist stock and the scopes in the safe include a Ziess 3x9x40 Conquest and a Weaver GS in 6x20x40 with the really small dot. I'm not going to get away with buying another scope.

Thanks in advance.

As the title asks, what's the thoughts on a Weaver 6x20x40 Grand Slam. I'm thinking no more than 600m. I have a 7mm Rem Magnum in a Rem SPS (26"), B&C Medalist stock and the scopes in the safe include a Ziess 3x9x40 Conquest and a Weaver GS in 6x20x40 with the really small dot. I'm not going to get away with buying another scope.

Thanks in advance.

I have the Weaver as well as their target grade in that size. They are a little dark in light gathering, and wouldn't be all that great on a hunting rig. I'd look for a 4x-12x or a 4x-16x with at least a 44mm lense, but a 50mm would be much brighter. Personally, I'd look for a good used Leupold Var. III in 3.5x-10x or 4.5x-14x) and be done with it.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.