Wife’s 270 sherman completed.

Be careful, those badlands will give the 180s a run for its money lol 😆
I really want them to shoot. Hopefully she draws an antelope tag this fall and we will get to see them work. Really need to get better brass for it. Haven't found perterson yet. I have Norma as a back up just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

So educate me on the velocities a sherman will bring? (This is not intended to draw a debate, it would be the fastest of slowest case on the planet, whatever your reasons are your reasons - same as mine I get something in my head I'm going to buy it, justifying is not needed in my world) I'm just curious how she will run with 130-140-150s compared to other 270's?

PS - showed my wife and she said ooohhh I like that! LOL,

So educate me on the velocities a sherman will bring? (This is not intended to draw a debate, it would be the fastest of slowest case on the planet, whatever your reasons are your reasons - same as mine I get something in my head I'm going to buy it, justifying is not needed in my world) I'm just curious how she will run with 130-140-150s compared to other 270's?

It's an improved version of the 270. 150+ fps increase should be expected.

For an example in my rifle ( it's the 27 Sherman mag not the 270 Sherman) I pressured out over 3600 fps with the 150gr SBD2. My accuracy load is at 3538. This is just to give you an example not to hijack a thread. PM me if you have any questions.

I really want them to shoot. Hopefully she draws an antelope tag this fall and we will get to see them work. Really need to get better brass for it. Haven't found perterson yet. I have Norma as a back up just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.
That would be awesome. Keep us posted. And what a beautiful rifle and caliber you picked for her. She's going to love it.

Right now right now with ver minimal load work up the 140's are at 3200. Now I started way to low in my development and I'm just getting back around to it. I would expect 165-170 to be right at about 3k.

Right now right now with ver minimal load work up the 140's are at 3200. Now I started way to low in my development and I'm just getting back around to it. I would expect 165-170 to be right at about 3k.
something like a 170 Berger should reach 3100 normally in a 26"

something like a 170 Berger should reach 3100 normally in a 26"
That is smokin! So running hot it's at or exceeding wby (my only real comparison) velocities? Obviously factory twists wouldn't run 170's but all things considered equal the case capacity would be similar?

Appreciate the insight, sounds like a cool round!

For an example my 6.5 Sherman, 270 parent case, gets 3339 FPS with a 140 Berger. It has a 28" Hart 8 twist. I was using N570.

For an example my 6.5 Sherman, 270 parent case, gets 3339 FPS with a 140 Berger. It has a 28" Hart 8 twist. I was using N570.
I'll give it a run. When rich and I were talking we thought n570 would be too low for the 270. I have plenty and do have some loaded. So we will see.