270 Sherman Build completed!!!

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Idaho Trecker, Mar 28, 2015.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. couesaddict

couesaddict Well-Known Member

Not bad for her first muley and only second deer. Shot was close. Around 120yds with a 170 Berger. Bullet hit around 2930ish fps and centered up a rib. Still managed to pass through leaving an exit a little over an inch in the hide with total destruction of the lungs. He ran about 40yds and piled up. No meaningful meat loss.

MtPockets likes this.
  2. couesaddict

IMG_2087.PNG

3. couesaddict

Got mine today at 575yds. My best muley so far to date.

4. longrangehunterII

longrangehunterII Well-Known Member

Wow! That's a nice buck!

5. couesaddict

Haha thanks. Taped out at 181 gross. Only 19 wide inside. 270 Sherman and a 170 Berger did the trick. It's been a good hunt and I'm not looking forward to going back to work...

6. elkaholic

elkaholic Official LRH Sponsor

I'm envious! My season has been cut very short for various reasons but it is really cool to see you guys successful! That is I very nice looking buck. HIGH rack!.....rich

7. Royal Knight

Royal Knight Well-Known Member

I want a 270 sherman!

8. Idaho Trecker

Idaho Trecker Well-Known Member

Those are some amazing deer! I'm glad there are still some 270 cal fans out there.
    My season passed without me carrying my 270 Sherman but you can only carry so many rifles at once lol
    My 270 SS did get some use this year though with my dad dropping his first whitetail ever and longest shot (530 yards) and I used it for one of my doe whitetail tags. I've been using the 165 matrix in my SS and the 170 Berger in my Sherman but have yet to kill anything but paper and rocks with the 170.