270 Sherman Build completed!!!

Not bad for her first muley and only second deer. Shot was close. Around 120yds with a 170 Berger. Bullet hit around 2930ish fps and centered up a rib. Still managed to pass through leaving an exit a little over an inch in the hide with total destruction of the lungs. He ran about 40yds and piled up. No meaningful meat loss.

IMG_2087.PNG

I'm envious! My season has been cut very short for various reasons but it is really cool to see you guys successful! That is I very nice looking buck. HIGH rack!.....rich

Those are some amazing deer! I'm glad there are still some 270 cal fans out there.
My season passed without me carrying my 270 Sherman but you can only carry so many rifles at once lol
My 270 SS did get some use this year though with my dad dropping his first whitetail ever and longest shot (530 yards) and I used it for one of my doe whitetail tags. I've been using the 165 matrix in my SS and the 170 Berger in my Sherman but have yet to kill anything but paper and rocks with the 170.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.