Why

Hard Head

I just bought a 6.5 PRC I was allowed by Scheels to buy 1 box of shells for it,50 Bucks,no brass,no bullets,no Primers,I had returned 8#s of LRT because I thought it would be too slow,,found out it would.......went back in 45 minutes later to buy it back,I did ,it went from $32.99 to 38.99 in 45 minutes. So why does a company make a cartridge for a rifle ,then the rifle manufacturer make a rifle for it, and you can not get a real answer why,WHY...........is there no Brass or bullets or primers???????????? I was lucky had one box of Hornady 147, pulled all but 3 ,dumped the powder deprimed and loaded up loads ,used 147 ELD Match,Rem.9 1/2 Magnum and Fwd. 215 Mag. Match went from 62.0 to 67.0 grs. 66.5 gr. load was very consistent 2.23 S.D, 2970 fps. Pressures on expanded cases were less case expansion at the head than the 3 factory loads, I still want to know why we are at this point,I strongly believe that when they found out that people will pay they keep it slow and the price up. Quote: Stupid Is As Stupid Does................... HardHead

Companies that manufacture brass have limited number of machines to make the brass. If they have cartridges that are selling because they are popular - that is what they are making. It cost them a lot of money and time to "Re-Tool" the machinery to make Runs/Lots of a caliber. Manufactures are going to make the cases that make them the most amount of money - ROI.

Personally, I cannot see how hoarding has that much of an effect compared to the amount of an item manufactured. There is only so much an individual can buy and store for personal use. There is also only so much a manufacture can make and they are going to focus on the products that make them the most amount of money.
The real cause of the shortage is that there are millions of NEW SHOOTERS/RELOADERS and NO NEW MANUFACTURES.

I had returned 8#s of LRT because I thought it would be too slow,,found out it would.......went back in 45 minutes later to buy it back,I did ,it went from $32.99 to 38.99 in 45 minutes.
When you bought it, you probably paid with a credit card/debit card. The store paid credit card fees on that transaction. Then you came back to return it, and you expect all of your money back, so the company gives it to you... yet they don't get their fees they paid back. Then you come back and decide you want to buy the same thing again 45 minutes after you return it. They sell it to you again, and pay fees on it again, not to mention in most instances they have to do all of the work to re-inventory the items you returned and/or take a loss on the returned item because it's not "new" anymore.

All the jacking around you caused, guaranteed the company made zero money, and certainly lost money while dealing with you.

It's behavior like you've exhibited that drives brick and mortar stores into insolvency and ensures large scale outfits such as Amazon thrive.

Regarding your inability to find ammo/components... I suggest you start evaluating the future you desire and begin bargaining with it now, so you don't have to run around blaming everyone else for what you don't have 5 years from now.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

A basic issue is that with the de-fund the police movement, a lot of non-shooters have jumped on the bandwagon buying ammo for their new self-defense weapons. This issue alone of millions of new shooters causes a shortage, then the manufacturers are not really investing a lot of money into ramping up production, they raise the prices, instead. Manufacturers are scared of anti-gun laws coming into effect.

You may have to expand your horizons beyond scheels, in the last week a guy could buy everything he needed to load 6.5 prc including brass and LR primers.
No joke, powder and bullet inventories have hit about mid-COVID crash levels. So basically nothing that's popular for LRH is easy to find but you can pretty much always piece something together. I'm back in the subs game full time again - 5K CCI-450s, A1680, 1k pack of Starline brass, all in-stock in the last week. Even for the big rifles it's been tolerable, not the total blackout it was most of last year.

I just bought a 6.5 PRC I was allowed by Scheels to buy 1 box of shells for it,50 Bucks,no brass,no bullets,no Primers,I had returned 8#s of LRT because I thought it would be too slow,,found out it would.......went back in 45 minutes later to buy it back,I did ,it went from $32.99 to 38.99 in 45 minutes. So why does a company make a cartridge for a rifle ,then the rifle manufacturer make a rifle for it, and you can not get a real answer why,WHY...........is there no Brass or bullets or primers???????????? I was lucky had one box of Hornady 147, pulled all but 3 ,dumped the powder deprimed and loaded up loads ,used 147 ELD Match,Rem.9 1/2 Magnum and Fwd. 215 Mag. Match went from 62.0 to 67.0 grs. 66.5 gr. load was very consistent 2.23 S.D, 2970 fps. Pressures on expanded cases were less case expansion at the head than the 3 factory loads, I still want to know why we are at this point,I strongly believe that when they found out that people will pay they keep it slow and the price up. Quote: Stupid Is As Stupid Does................... HardHead
Be prepared! I started this thread over a years ago >https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...the-local-gun-store-empty-handed-rule.255740/

This^^^
Guys are buying more than they will ever need, thus many are going without.
:rolleyes:🤨
IT'S THE HOARDERS TO BLAME FOR SHORTAGES 😪- BRING OUT THE PITCH FORKS AND HAVE A BON FIRE!!!!!!

Go Brandon or now VALDIMIR PUTIN should be to BLAME!!!

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE AMMO OR RELOADING COMPONENTS GOING TO BLAME IN THIS YEAR 2022????

Anyone that saw what was coming (since 2008) with a Liberal Administration in advance and had the fortitude (knowledge in 2006) to prepare in advance. If you have prepared then and now have powder, brass, and bullets to hunt and shoot with WE COMMEND YOU!!!!
So tired of the blame game. We don't build a rifle before we have the components=Barrels/Reamers/ Brass/bullets/Primers/Dies.
If you are having a rifle built and spending thousands of $s -why do you not have the AMMO first or reloading components???
In this enviroment where there are specific calibers in demand or off calibers - Why do you not do the homework in advance??????????????/

GOD BLESS THE USA!
Len & Jill

Here you go. For your reading pleasure. Probably doesn't need to be rehashed. 😁