Why i like my 260 rem so much now that there is no ammo over the 6.5 cm

I have a 260 Rem and a 6.5 CM. They both accurate. My 6.5 CM is just 100 -125 FPS slower than my 260 Rem. I thank that if you don't reload the CM is the way to go. If you reload the 260 is better.
I have a 260 Rem and a 6.5 CM. They both accurate. My 6.5 CM is just 100 -125 FPS slower than my 260 Rem. I thank that if you don't reload the CM is the way to go. If you reload the 260 is better.

1. Buy 500-1000 pieces of brass
  2. Then buy the rifle
  3. Only feed that rifle handloads
  4. Laugh at people who say one chambering is superior to another because of one-off anecdote about an unprepared random guy during massive component and ammo shortage
  5. Shoot 30 cal thumpers anyways because they're inherently superior to the metrics
Ever thought that 6.5 Creedmoor is hard to find because it's popular? It's not like the components and factory ammunition just weren't made so they can't be found, it's all gone because people bought it. It won't "disappear quick" because there are already a significant number in circulation, they're popular with average-Joe shooters, any they shoot better than many "classic" calibers for those shooters.
I feel sorry for the Swedes doing it all wrong for over 100 years.

Getting your post count up??? 😁
I think he's trying to make a point. Try putting it in all caps, that way people will listen. Unfortunately I cannot make it bold, as that would really make it pop. Try this, and feel free to copy and paste. I did make a few grammar & punctuation corrections (added exclamation marks for zest), plus a little comic relief.
I HAVE A 260 REM AND A 6.5 CM. THEY ARE BOTH ACCURATE! MY 6.5 CM IS JUST 1,000 FPS SLOWER. I THINK THAT IF YOU DO NOT RELOAD THE CREEDMOOR IS THE WAY TO GO. IF YOU RELOAD THE 260 IS MO'BETTA!
This is just a rough draft, others feel free to make corrections. I think we can get this thing nailed down today!

Just playing of course.😁 kinda

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
The only reason the 6.5 CM is more popular is do to available factory ammo. Remington messed up when they did not market the 260 or make ammo available at a decent price. Hornady makes factory ammo for the 260 Rem now but only in the 129 grain SST and 130 grain ELD Match. I feel they will keep it this was because the 260 Rem outperforms the 6.5 CM. None the less they both good choices.
I agree, but right now you can buy 260 ammo(Nosler, 3 different bullets) on MidwayUSA and nothing in CM. Being relatively unpopular has its advantages. I'm not a Hornady guy so what they do doesn't matter to me too much. When I needed 260 ammo earlier this year, I was able to get it at Cabelas and they didn't have CM ammo.

I had been shooting 260 for many years for work and play. Was always a very accurate caliber and never had an issue outing something down. After I got a 6CM(👍👍) I thought maybe a 6.5CM would be a good factory ammo gun to have for the girls to hunt with. I have helped quite a few guys out putting together a 6.5cm and had liked how it worked. Well I had all ready re barreled my 260 to 260AI and was getting 1/2 MOA with the first load I tried fireforming. Decided to just barrel the 600 Mohawk to another 260AI instead of the 6.5CM. Again have a load with some old 123amax right out the gate firefroming in the .5MOA range. Also during this time I traded a 243 WSSM for a tikka 260 CTR. Was also planning on getting this in a CM. Well I sure don't regret and am extremely pleased with my 260/260AI decisions! The 260 ammo like stated can be found(ordered some 130s from Sparks👍). And the 260AI is crazy accurate while fire forming and will Have a similar case speck with more Boom Room than the 6.5CM when AI-ed. I am realizing some of the old tried and true designs I have shot all my life (300WM, 284win, 260 Rem, .22-250) are still really hard to beat.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.