Why i like my 260 rem so much now that there is no ammo over the 6.5 cm

There's a 20 million dollar, 6500-acre ranch for sale near there if you're still interested.🤣
It has been a warmish Fall and Winter (so far). When I moved here in 1992 from Orange County California, I got my CDL and drove for Halliburton Energy Services, and worked outside servicing wells in the cold. - You do get used to it. - We can adapt. Plus learn how to drive on snow and ice. You can sell you house in CA for example and by the same value house for half in Wyoming n bank the rest.

Lefty:

I will guess you're at least 20 years younger than I am. But I have to admit the fish in my photo was caught in Montana, and between the fishing and hunting, I really wish I had gone to MT instead of NV, where I am now and have been for 15 years. I keep applying for big game tags here, but they're very scarce and I haven't drawn one yet. That's grim. I could shoot 3-4 deer a year on my farm in OH. Here, I don't get to shoot any.

It has been a warmish Fall and Winter (so far). When I moved here in 1992 from Orange County California, I got my CDL and drove for Halliburton Energy Services, and worked outside servicing wells in the cold. - You do get used to it. - We can adapt. Plus learn how to drive on snow and ice. You can sell you house in CA for example and by the same value house for half in Wyoming n bank the rest.
Prices are on the rise here because of just that. Then after they're here, they find they bit off a little more than they want to chew. 🤣

My new title to this thread, "Why I like my 308 so much now that there are no 6.5 bullets to be found..."

The occasional 30 cal bullet can be found but have not seen any 6.5 bullets in awhile.

In fact, the 6.5 crudmoor dies that were bought for me because I was going to buy one are still in the package...I can get by with a 300 win mag and 308 thank you!
You dont have to use your reloading supplies when you can buy pretty much all the 260Rem you want at your local outdoor shops

:D HERE'S A LIST OF 6.5 CREEDMOOR AMMO

:D 260 REMINGTON AMMO

QUOTE:
"In October 2017, U.S. Special Operations Command tested the performance of the 7.62x51 NATO, .260 Remington, and 6.5 CM cartridges out of SR25, M110A1, and Mk20 sniper rifles. SOCOM determined that the 6.5CM performed the best, doubling hit probability at 1,000 meters (italics mine) increasing effective range by nearly half, reducing wind drift by a third and having less recoil than the 7.62 NATO rounds…"

:D About a year ago, I was on the fence looking at .260 and 6.5. - Then along came the Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 CM upper, 24-inch ss heavy barrel and fluted for under $400. The 6.5 CM can use the same magazines and AR lower for the 308 I have. - So, I jumped on that. - Still need to take time to see what it can do. - I bought the ammo when it was $15/box. S&B 140-gr. FMJs. - Bought the Hornady dies, Nosler and Berger bullets too. :D Then, I bought a 6.5 PRC Mossberg Patriot Predator (Strata) CeraKote finish, and put that in a Boyd's Premium wood laminate stock with Pachmayr Decelerator pad. - Ammo for that WAS $35/box. = Dang the election and pandemic scare.

6.5 PRC
Nikon 3-12x42 M-Tactical SF MK1-MOA, 30mm tube
"Doubling hit probability at 1,000 meters". Nothing against the CM but I think there are hordes of shooters than have/can prove that to be inaccurate everywhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.