Who is your favorite hunting influencer?

Hands down I'd say, Elmer Keith... there, of course, are others but throughout my many years, Keith's influence is still the teaching's I've relied upon for most of my 65 shooting years; not only in sporting and competition but also in duty; Military and LEO his writings has given me the edge I've needed many times over my firearm years, and as I said; continues to even today.

I had three. They have all passed and their stuff is out of print, but you can find it and read it if you look hard enough. They are hard bound books, and just as relevant today as they were written. The first is Bob Hagel's book. He goes into depth about handloading, what works and doesn't. And it is filled with the same thing on hunting North American game. It should be required reading even today for and hunter who wants to handload ammunition.
Both of P.O. Ackley's books. Load data in them is dated with all the new powders available, but filled with information on wildcatting.
Last was Keith's book. Well written with lots of stories. Written by a great man.
I cannot take stock in any TV show. They are NOT instructional. They are entertaining. Shooter is always at a different angle than camera and they always appear to shoot at the wrong time. They overcall, and do many things that you cannot get away with yourself.

If you are interested in Africa Robert Ruark's books are a fantastic read. You literally cannot put them down. Use Enough Gun was my favorite.
There is some more current stuff out there on hunting, loading and ballistics, but I feel if you haven't read and soaked in the above works you will be missing so much of the base knowledge you need to apply they properly.
I have to agree with Mrs. Keith and O'Conner. I guess that the most influence came from Elmer. Not so much about his hunting exploits but more about his handgun development. It's because of him that I have so many hard-cast lead bullets. I still prefer lead in my handguns, where possible using his Keith-style semi-wad cutters. I still use his recommended load for the 44 magnums. I also tend to subscribe to his thought on large heavy hunting bullets. With the exception of thin-skinned varmints, I follow his advice.

My one-and-only brother was 13 years older than me, and he'd let me tag along on small game hunts when I was only 6 or 7 years old. (Wasn't allowed to go with them deer hunting though.). As a dairy farmer, my Dad didn't hunt much, so it was my big brother who influenced me the most. When I was 12 I was then able carry a gun and hunt, including deer, and I 've never looked back! My brother passed away 5 years ago, so there's an unoccupied stand in our woods. I can't yet bring myself to claim up in that stand….

I have to go about answer this sort of backwards. I'm 85 and my "introduction" to guns was Hopalong Cassidy and the old western movies I saw in the early days of television. Guns fascinated me and I joined a rifle team and shot competitively for 7 years. I was a Boy Scout and that taught me to love the wilderness and how to camp. When I got my drivers license (so I could drive) I started shooting jackrabbits in the California desert and that's where and how I really learned to hunt. After college I began making a little money and began hunting big game. My early hunting partner (with whom I have hunted now for over 60 years) joined me and pretty well matched me in rifles, calibers, hand loading and wild adventures. Along the way I read about hunting, had the good fortune to meet and talk with some of the late and great gun men of the 20th century (Elmer Keith and Bill Ruger) and to shoot flying and running game. The Fredricks brothers from AmeriCana Expeditions taught me bird shooting and life taught me to enjoy all these experiences.

I don't like the new term influencer but I would say the person who got me started in shooting in hunting would have to be my grandfather as he gave me my first real gun other than a 22 or BB gun which was a double barrel 12 gauge shotgun when I was 13 years old also as far as entertainers I like Brian pig man Quacca, Jim Shockey ,and showing my age a little bit Roger raglan

Most all of these hunting personalities influenced most of us in one way or another. I guess the group, although I don't own any of their guns, would be Mike and Aaron Davis of Gunwerks. They always had lessons in each of their hunting shows, that took you through the art of long distance. They hit every aspect from reloading, breathing, and ALL of the variables that affect the bullet Trajectory from the point of trigger pull to impact.

great program!