What is your favorite hunting knife?

Havalon for taking critters apart and a Cold Steel Master Hunter in case something out of the ordinary comes up. The Havalon has worked extremely well for several years now. My Cold Steel hasn't had to do anything but stay sharp and ride in my pack.

Havalon for taking critters apart and a Cold Steel Master Hunter in case something out of the ordinary comes up. The Havalon has worked extremely well for several years now. My Cold Steel hasn't had to do anything but stay sharp and ride in my pack.
Did you get the VG1 or 3V Master Hunter?

Did you get the VG1 or 3V Master Hunter?
Mine is the San Mai III version. I think it's VG10 in the middle, but I don't recall off of the top of my head. I bought the San Mai bladed one before Cold Steel began making it in 3V. 3V is really good steel. I have several knives that utilize it. If I was going to buy another one, I'd pay the extra money and get it in 3V. That said, my San Mai blade will sharpen to where it's scary sharp and will still shave the hair off of my arm after taking apart an elk. Ask me how I know. In reality, I've taken apart more critters with the VG1 MH than my San Mai version - just used it longer. The Master Hunter has a great blade design and the grippy handle is outstanding when your hands get bloody.