Which muzzle brake on a .300WM?

Demon061

Thinking surefire. Kicks like a ******* mule right now (Winchester model 70, synthetic stock with no pad)

Thinking surefire. Kicks like a ******* mule right now (Winchester model 70, synthetic stock with no pad)

I have a better solution, put a pad on it, preferably a Pachmyer Decelerator.
Muzzle brakes are for 50 cal rifles, IMHO.

Cheers.
gun)

Aye pardon, usually post on a closed forum.

Muscle break seems good, heard a lot of good things. Just best for a potential follow up shot up here (the break versus just a recoil pad)

If you want the absolute best, check out the tuned Assassin brake from J E Custom, up to 70% recoil reduction.

[ame=http://youtu.be/tMLMof4P8Hk]The Fat Bastard Muzzle Brake vs 338 Lapua - YouTube[/ame]

The muzzle brake you can use depends on the diameter at the muzzle, i.e you might not be able to use the Assassin (or similar) on a light sporter barrel.

Indeed, it's a light sporter (5/8") which is why I'm looking at smaller brakes. Actually just took a friend's vanguard out with his new brake and it did significantly decrease recoil... though that was only a 30-06. If I could upload pics I'd throw it up here, I don't much care for keeping a lot of our gun pictures on FB.

I have a muzzle break on my model 70 300WM that was for a ruger 10-22. I turned a small tapered piece to make it look right on the end of the barrel and drilled and reamed the bore to about .330". very effective.

My smith just put a VAIS on my Brownington (frankenstein rifle ), so we'll see how that shoots once I pick it up from him. It will most likely be my new lightweight whitetail rig for this next season.

I usually shoot un-braked rifles, and prefer it that way, but we'll have to see.

If I like the way this Vais makes my rifle shoot, then I might be adding one to my .300 Ackley.

If the muzzle diameter is 5/8 then my slabbed mini magnum muscle brake would work out perfect for it. Its designed for sporter weight barrels. I just ran out a few days ago but Len has them for sale on his online store. I should have some more in stock mid next week. If you have any questions don't hesitate to get a hold of me.

Ryan Pierce
Piercision Rifles
www.piercisionrifles.com

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.