Which muzzle brake??

KNOTFERSAIL

I'm pondering the idea of "braking" one of my rifles, and what I'm wanting is one that threads on and is similar diameter as the barrel. Other then those two "wants" what else should I look for in a quality and effective brake and who makes/sells them? Yes, I did google it first just didn't find a whole lot of info.

Weight of brake is not much a factor.

Thanks

I'm pondering the idea of "braking" one of my rifles, and what I'm wanting is one that threads on and is similar diameter as the barrel. Other then those two "wants" what else should I look for in a quality and effective brake and who makes/sells them? Yes, I did google it first just didn't find a whole lot of info.

Thanks
What is the muzzle diameter?

Thanks
What caliber is this rifle?

Is the muzzle already threaded?

Is it SS or CM ? Custom or factory?

7mmSTW
It is not threaded
It's not SS but not sure what CM means?
Factory rifle
CM is chrome moly, but it should not matter. It is actually better if it is not yet threaded so your gunsmith has more flexibility. I will have to look, but I have an MB off my 7MM STW that you can have (no longer using it) ... standby, maybe this PM.

Mark37082,
The blast and ear damage is why I'm hesitant myself. A stiff dose of retumbo is beating the sh!t outta me though

Feenix,
Patiently standing by 😁

Thanks for the feedback gent's

I love muzzle brakes. I usually have a couple people on the sides of me shooting at the range and I make sure the people shooting next to me are not ready. They have their ears on but they are never ready for the spirit removal device. After 2 shots they are gathering up their stuff and then I can shoot in peace. 😉.
They help but kinda suck to hunt with because others usually with you need to plug ears and you need yours on also.
The radial ones aren't as bad but don't reduce felt recoil as much. The directional ones work pretty darn good but are larger in general.

Last edited:
I love muzzle brakes. I usually have a couple people on the sides of me shooting at the range and I make sure the people shooting next to me are not ready. They have their ears on but they are never ready for the spirit removal device. After 2 shots they are gathering up their stuff and then I can shoot in peace. 😉.
They help but kinda suck to hunt with.
The radial ones aren't as bad but don't reduce felt recoil as much. The directional ones work pretty good.
I'll check the pro's/cons of the radial vs directional brakes.

Thanks

CM = CroMoly.

Was concerned if you had enough meat based on bore size. Was concerned about barrel wall thickness. For a brake while thin there should be enough for 5/8x24 for a brake.