Which muzzle brake??

I detest muzzle brakes even though I have a few. I only hunt suppressed. Canada would be the only place I would use a brake
I have been using MBs since 2003, and most of my rifles (from .25 to .33 cal) sport an MB and never looked back. MB is not for everybody. I have a couple of suppressors that I can use on all my rifles, as they are threaded the same. My suppressors are made in Montana (Eliteiron and Rex Silentium) because I want to support my local economy and small businesses.

Major word of ⚠️(caution) here! I have many guns with brakes, all side ports that work great....until this past month...I tried 2 different Extremely good brakes from Top manufacturers on my new Elite Precision 338 Lapua 30" inch tube. Neither worked....changed the harmonics Drastically, first time experience for me. Both shoot climbing strings, not something this 50 year reloader can fix. So if you experience a major shift in POI.....remove the Brake before thinking your scope just broke!

I'm pondering the idea of "braking" one of my rifles, and what I'm wanting is one that threads on and is similar diameter as the barrel. Other then those two "wants" what else should I look for in a quality and effective brake and who makes/sells them? Yes, I did google it first just didn't find a whole lot of info.

Weight of brake is not much a factor.

Thanks
Check out Witt machine and tool company https://wittmachine.net/shop/

Major word of ⚠️(caution) here! I have many guns with brakes, all side ports that work great....until this past month...I tried 2 different Extremely good brakes from Top manufacturers on my new Elite Precision 338 Lapua 30" inch tube. Neither worked....changed the harmonics Drastically, first time experience for me. Both shoot climbing strings, not something this 50 year reloader can fix. So if you experience a major shift in POI.....remove the Brake before thinking your scope just broke!

I used to make brakes for myself. Some of them I tested on a eight foot slide. One time I made one with some angled ports and a couple holes. When I fired the rifle it vibrated so badly the stock broke behind the trigger. I mean broke in two. The manufacturer replaced it.

Check out Witt machine and tool company https://wittmachine.net/shop/
Witt machine also has custom clamp on brakes made to order for any barrel size they guarantee at least a 60% reduction in recoil you can Olson check out trident https://jcb-solutions.com/products/trident223 these guys made the brake on my 7mm STW reduced the recoil to a 6.5 creedmoors recoil good luck there are a lot of good brakes out there and you don't have to spend a mint just do some research good luck

Witt machine also has custom clamp on brakes made to order for any barrel size they guarantee at least a 60% reduction in recoil you can Olson check out trident https://jcb-solutions.com/products/trident223 these guys made the brake on my 7mm STW reduced the recoil to a 6.5 creedmoors recoil good luck there are a lot of good brakes out there and you don't have to spend a mint just do some research good luck
This is a clamp on i recently put on my 7 mag works great no vibration issues at all about 70% reduction in recoil I have fusions in my back and neck so recoil reduction is a must for me again good luck

Attachments

• 62CD61FC-84CF-4E7A-B5CE-CBC6F5AC0E39.jpeg
    62CD61FC-84CF-4E7A-B5CE-CBC6F5AC0E39.jpeg
    933.7 KB · Views: 65
  • BDDA08F1-2BF9-449F-9F9D-CA9410ACE1DF.png
    BDDA08F1-2BF9-449F-9F9D-CA9410ACE1DF.png
    612 KB · Views: 54
I'm pondering the idea of "braking" one of my rifles, and what I'm wanting is one that threads on and is similar diameter as the barrel. Other then those two "wants" what else should I look for in a quality and effective brake and who makes/sells them? Yes, I did google it first just didn't find a whole lot of info.

Weight of brake is not much a factor.

Thanks
If the brake from Feenix doesn't work out, try a NWP brake from Mac's Gunworks in Gillette, WY.

Thanks everyone for the wisdom and Definitely more options than I thought Lol

Talking with the smith 5/8 x24 threads and a OD .750 brake and taper it to the barrel is what he was going to do,so feenix's brake I'll have him cerakote matte black and should work great.

Thanks again feenix 👍

No disrespect to anyone in this thread but only 0.034 of shoulder is not enough, Your barrel is 0.657 and the Major diameter, (The diameter your barrel needs to be turned to prior to threading) Is 0.623 leaving you 0.034 If you were to be able to taper it, The taper would be paper thin and then you won't have any meat to shoulder against. 5/8-24 works fine on a Sendero barrel because they are in the 0.830 range approximately. so almost 0.200 difference in the amount of extra material to work with, 0.173 to be exact.

Recent Posts