Which muzzle brake??

@livetohunt SRS Ti Pro 3s. These, plus 3 more on AR10s. Standardized on them.

20220801_225040.jpg

I never stated it did not provide any reduction just not nearly as much as a brake. I agree suppressors reduce recoil.

No way a arbitrary % of brake vs suppressor could be established given there are larger differences in reduction just within popular brakes on the market. I bet the same would go for suppressors effect as well.

I still will take a suppressor over a brake accept in a competition setup or where clearly spotting my shots is critical on magnums.

My newest gun is a 21.5" 338 Mega cf stock is 6.5 lbs bare 8.5-9.5lb ready to hunt depending on scope rings setup. 250gr mv 2850-2900 fps 4667ft/lb is not behaving enough to spot downrange without a brake. But I will for hunting trade that for the sound and concussion reductions of the suppressor. Who wants to wear double ear protection hunting if they can get away with simple ear plugs!?!
That's why I shoot the NWP MB. You don't need extra hearing protection. Ross Shuler's brakes were similar since all but the last port has a slight forward angle on it.

Unquestionably there are more effective brakes at reducing felt recoil but there's a trade off with everything and those more effective are absolutely punishing without extra hearing protection.

I never stated it did not provide any reduction just not nearly as much as a brake. I agree suppressors reduce recoil.

No way a arbitrary % of brake vs suppressor could be established given there are larger differences in reduction just within popular brakes on the market. I bet the same would go for suppressors effect as well.

I still will take a suppressor over a brake accept in a competition setup or where clearly spotting my shots is critical on magnums.

My newest gun is a 21.5" 338 Mega cf stock is 6.5 lbs bare 8.5-9.5lb ready to hunt depending on scope rings setup. 250gr mv 2850-2900 fps 4667ft/lb is not behaving enough to spot downrange without a brake. But I will for hunting trade that for the sound and concussion reductions of the suppressor. Who wants to wear double ear protection hunting if they can get away with simple ear plugs!?!
The tests were reasonably scientific trying different muzzle brakes on different calibres, measuring recoil and using apples with apples data. The guy doing it manufacturers both brakes and suppressors. Our game doesn't require larger sized calibre rifles, my 9.3 x 62 Husqvarna is a hobby gun 286gr Partitions at 2440 fps no brake nor suppressor.
44582C09-9B9C-429D-A39D-B28A91BE9E12.jpeg

Oh most all the game I shoot doesn't either, as is the case with everything in NA if I am honest. I do have a like'n for medium calibers though. Really like the 338s and 375s. No question that 9.3 of yours has the same effect. Quite popular in S.Africa. A true big game cartridge and rifle. Does the person showing off that 9.3 in your picture also shoot it? If so impressive.

Those larger bores for a given case vol are more efficient, especially in shorter barrels. They also seem incredibly easy to tune loads for. I really like the authority they anchor game. Especially on the larger medium and large game elk moose caribou etc. Recoil and range is, of course, the penalty. But a good brake brings even a hot 375 down to less than a 260.

My goto hog and bush gun will be a 20-22" 375 Mega. That loaded with a 275HH or TSX @ 2800 will put anything in NA down DRT. Or a 200 HH plenty for whitetail or I could use Hammer"s 137 SH if I wanted something hyper vel no recoil 0-300yd. Did not even know they had a 375 that light. It must be for something like the AR SOCOM as they do not even have a 338 that light. Figure I can push that tiny pill to 3700 lol. 375 is perfect 0-500yd gun but would set it up for 0-300 with a 1-10x24 Razor and my 338 is good to 1k with the 250s. Both are under 22"

Was all set to pull the trigger on the 375 build a month ago and @Idaho Trecker had to start talking about his custom 338 Mega he wanted to sell to build a switch barrel. It was too close to what I wanted next on my build list and could be GTG for this deer and bear season. So I ended up with this handy beauty. 9lb ready to hunt. TiPro 3 brake on the muzzle. 338 can is still in jail.

20210701_095105.jpg

Oh most all the game I shoot doesn't either, as is the case with everything in NA if I am honest. I do have a like'n for medium calibers though. Really like the 338s and 375s. No question that 9.3 of yours has the same effect. Quite popular in S.Africa. A true big game cartridge and rifle. Does the person showing off that 9.3 in your picture also shoot it? If so impressive.

Those larger bores for a given case vol are more efficient, especially in shorter barrels. They also seem incredibly easy to tune loads for. I really like the authority they anchor game. Especially on the larger medium and large game elk moose caribou etc. Recoil and range is, of course, the penalty. But a good brake brings even a hot 375 down to less than a 260.

My goto hog and bush gun will be a 20-22" 375 Mega. That loaded with a 275HH or TSX @ 2800 will put anything in NA down DRT. Or a 200 HH plenty for whitetail or I could use Hammer"s 137 SH if I wanted something hyper vel no recoil 0-300yd. Did not even know they had a 375 that light. It must be for something like the AR SOCOM as they do not even have a 338 that light. Figure I can push that tiny pill to 3700 lol. 375 is perfect 0-500yd gun but would set it up for 0-300 with a 1-10x24 Razor and my 338 is good to 1k with the 250s. Both are under 22"

Was all set to pull the trigger on the 375 build a month ago and @Idaho Trecker had to start talking about his custom 338 Mega he wanted to sell to build a switch barrel. It was too close to what I wanted next on my build list and could be GTG for this deer and bear season. So I ended up with this handy beauty. 9lb ready to hunt. TiPro 3 brake on the muzzle. 338 can is still in jail.

View attachment 403439
That's my daughter she shoots it, is certainly not intimidated by it but also respects it. It's a beautiful weapon I brought to make a 280AI but it's probably sacrilege to do that, left it with open sights. Brought a Stehr Mannlcher a few days ago another thing of beauty
09E5A5F9-54A4-4D10-A390-46CBFF7B2431.jpeg

That's my daughter she shoots it, is certainly not intimidated by it but also respects it. It's a beautiful weapon I brought to make a 280AI but it's probably sacrilege to do that, left it with open sights. Brought a Stehr Mannlcher a few days ago another thing of beauty
View attachment 403454
Oh No!! DO NOT touch that beautiful rifle. That is a serious heirloom to pass down.

BTW that is AWESOME she has no fear shooting it. Always great seeing women enjoying firearms and using rifles with cartridges that have a healthy recoil. It's a good cartridge that can be loaded from light to full power loads. Very versatile.

No brake on that beauty! Looks like it belongs in a S.African safari camp leaning next to a canvas tent by a fire.