Votes: 18 8.3%
  • 308 Win

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • 30-06 Sprg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • none/other

Votes: 157 72.0%

• Total voters
7mm-08 is one of the best with 400 more yard range than the 308 it came from. I'll take it over the puny 6.5 CM anyday as the CM is the weakest 6.5 made with the Grendel

7mm-08 is one of the best with 400 more yard range than the 308 it came from. I'll take it over the puny 6.5 CM anyday as the CM is the weakest 6.5 made with the Grendel
The 6.5x47l is smaller than the creed. And honestly, the 7mm-08 doesnt have anything on the creed with conventional hunting bullets. You'll start to see a difference when you start stuffing 175+ match bullets into it though. I've always wanted a 7mm-08 in a match rifle and launch the 180 eld-m.

They wont go obsolete. They're are too many of those cartridges out there. Sales of them will be affected, but they wont go obsolete. The only cartridge I think is affected the most by the creed is the 260 rem. It was on it's way out anyway, but the creed has really hurt any chance of regrowth for the 260.

People that were shooting the .260 before the Creed came will continue to shoot the .260 & laugh at all the Creedheads.

I am one of them.

The Creedmoor has made target shooting more popular.

I agree the .243 will suffer.

I like 7-08s too be there is a good bid of difference between the Creed & the Grendel.

People that were shooting the .260 before the Creed came will continue to shoot the .260 & laugh at all the Creedheads.

I am one of them.

The Creedmoor has made target shooting more popular.

I agree the .243 will suffer.
I agree with that. Not many people looking for a new 6.5mm round pick the 260 though They usually pick the creed.

The 6.5C bested the 260 with a better SAMMI twist rate and SAMMI specks to allow loading the longer bullets further out of the case. Thats not a gimmick or hype that is sound design that the 260 missed out on. I think the 260 and 7-08 will be hurt the most by the 6.5C. The 270 will be stuck between the 6.5C and the resurgent 280/280AI, tough territory for the old 270 to do well in.

What's funny is that's what the .260 was prior to Remington picking it up: faster twist, longer barrel, & loaded longer than the Remington offering.

Layne Simpson was one of the promoters of the .260 prior to commercialization, (6.5/308), for use of basically what has made the Creed so popular. I think around 1997?

Remington Charlie Foxtrotted that one.

I don't think the 243 is going anywhere either & if so it would be the 6mm CM doing it as both are243s with the 6mmCM being able to use longer bullets with better BCs but NOTHING is going out because of anything CREEDMOOR. Why cant people just be glad we have 2 new rounds to use?

In my opinion... speed is key and there is no substitute for it!! Hornady must agree with this, hence the PRC version of their 6.5 which still isn't really what I call "fast".
I love a Creedmoor; it is currently the tightest shooting gun in my safe at .311" w/ 135gr Berger Classic Hunter. It has low recoil and therefore fun to shoot on paper. It's what I bought for my youngest son and he's quite good with it on steel out to 500 yards.
However, I'll take my 25-06 or 270 WSM any day on whitetail. Paper, I'd probably prefer the Creedmoor; But on game, speed conquers all in my opinion.
The shelves are stocked full of Creedmoor ammo. I dare say I have never seen a factory box of ammo for a .264WM at Academy! If there were multiple factory loads for the .264WM on the shelf, and a new Sendero behind the counter, I probably would choose it over the Creedmoor standing next to it as a hunting round.
Another thing that has made the Creedmoor so popular is tactical optics. The ability to "dial up" and shoot accurate out to 750 - 800 yards has sold a crap ton of the Hornady ELD-M! Ask yourself this; if all we could purchase was a 3x12x50 Vari X III like it was when I first started shooting, would you still buy a 6.5 round that barely made 2800+ fps? I don't think so
Just my two cents. And btw, I'm looking at a Creedmoor for my next purchase. Model 700 Tactical Coyote Tan!

Yes I'd buy a 6.5 but a 6.5x55 as I've been shooting for 40+ years & was started in 1894 & is more powerful than a CM. They didn't leave the factory without shooting 1"or under at 100 yards or meters way over 100 years ago. I think using the name of a late 1800s shooting range & the better ammo has made the Creedmoor a sucess by the ammo & makers, nothing more. They could have done the same with thhe 6.5x55 which is very close. But I own both CMs & like then as I do the Grendel, the 6.5x55, the 264 WM & the 6.5-300. I've always liked & shot 6.5 but the Creedmoors isn't the end all people believe it is.

Yes I'd buy a 6.5 but a 6.5x55 as I've been shooting for 40+ years & was started in 1894 & is more powerful than a CM. They didn't leave the factory without shooting 1"or under at 100 yards or meters way over 100 years ago. I think using the name of a late 1800s shooting range & the better ammo has made the Creedmoor a sucess by the ammo & makers, nothing more. They could have done the same with thhe 6.5x55 which is very close. But I own both CMs & like then as I do the Grendel, the 6.5x55, the 264 WM & the 6.5-300. I've always liked & shot 6.5 but the Creedmoors isn't the end all people believe it is.
The only people who talk about the creed being the end all, is the haters.
All the creed lovers just enjoy, no case stretch, great seating length/powder intrusion, great factory offerings with proper twist rates, and most of all, watching the haters get all bent out of shape trying to defend prehistoric cartridges designs that are not conducive to efficient powder burns and constantly need trimming.
We Creed guys usually have several rifles, and the creed is just one horse in the stable.

That's only your opinion, not the truth. I have several 6.5s that ALL have their plusses & minuses. My point is it's not the end all, do all cartridge & is not putting any other out of business.

That's only your opinion, not the truth. I have several 6.5s that ALL have their plusses & minuses. My point is it's not the end all, do all cartridge & is not putting any other out of business.
What part of my post is opinion?
The only thing I can see, is maybe you guys getting all bent out of shape.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.