Which bullet for deer for 6.5CM inside 400 yards?

What about the 129g nosler ablr? They should give good velocity and work good. Or the seirra gamechangers might be worth a look too.

The 130 Accubond and the 143 ELD-X are pure poison for a whitetail. My son shoots my .260 (virtual twin to the Creed) and has killed multiple deer in the last few years with both bullets. Almost all were bang flops with a couple running less than 75yds.
All shots were less than 150yds

This last season I had great results with a 140 Accubond out of a 6.5 Creed. This was a quick reload on a new rifle and I went with the first accuracy node I found (only somewhere around 2450 - not a screaming setup). Shot was inside 100 yards on a mature buck and had a nice full pass-through. The year before that I didn't get a pass-through with a 140 SST at roughly the same range. The SST "blew up" and stopped on the far side hide with jacket/core separation. To be fair though, the SST was effective and lethal...just glad there wasn't any tracking needed.
The standard accubond went through both shoulders and the damage was impressive! Golf ball sized exit that if I didn't know better, looked like the exit from a screaming .30 cal. My only gripe would be more bloodshot meat on the off-shoulder than I would have liked but, the bullet performance was exactly what you would hope for at that close range. At 400 yards, there are several options as you could go with a softer/sleeker bullet (ELD-X, Accubond Long Range, Berger, SST, Ballistic tip, etc) and worry less about a bullet "blowing up", which the SST did at close range.

I have had excellent performance on the 124 gr Hammer Hunters on whitetails and sheep from 150 to 300+ yards. Using H4350 at 2950 fps.

How much h-4350 you using to get that speed. I'm using 42.7gr, Lapua brass, Federal-m primers, Berger 140 vld-h. Getting 2860fps

I think the 117g Sledge Hammer is the prefect bullet for the Creed and "normal" range hunting. It will handle whatever angels you encounter. Plus the added impact vel will help as well.

I have had excellent performance on the 124 gr Hammer Hunters on whitetails and sheep from 150 to 300+ yards. Using H4350 at 2950 fps.

I'm hoping to get to that speed soon I'm see no pressure yet at 2854 with varget so I think I can get there. What length barrel are you running?
I'm just going very slow as quickload says I'm way over but they have been very wrong before.

What powder do you suggest for the 117 and how much? What is a reasonable vel to expect. This bullet tough enough for Nyala as well?

I'm hoping to get to that speed soon I'm see no pressure yet at 2854 with varget so I think I can get there. What length barrel are you running?
I'm just going very slow as quickload says I'm way over but they have been very wrong before.
I am running a 24" barrel bartlein

What powder do you suggest for the 117 and how much? What is a reasonable vel to expect. This bullet tough enough for Nyala as well?
I would use it on nyala. Have not loaded it in the creed. I think I would start with Varget with it as well. You might run out of case though. I would start where you left off with the 124g. I would hope for another 100 fps. Longer baring surface but lighter weight.

@snox801 I think the radius drive bands are showing less pressure than your qb is showing.

I would use it on nyala. Have not loaded it in the creed. I think I would start with Varget with it as well. You might run out of case though. I would start where you left off with the 124g. I would hope for another 100 fps. Longer baring surface but lighter weight.

@snox801 I think the radius drive bands are showing less pressure than your qb is showing.
I am using H4350 with the 124. No good?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.