Which 7mm for a Tikka?

It's been done. It works
With an aftermarket bottom metal, aics 3.56" mag. It's a performer, I have a 30 nosler, bud has a 28. The 28 has a short barrel life, eats throats pretty quickly. The 7max, I guess I'll see! This will probably be my most shot rifle, low recoil, very portable, cheap to hand load. I've got a spare barrel for backup!

With an aftermarket bottom metal, aics 3.56" mag. It's a performer, I have a 30 nosler, bud has a 28. The 28 has a short barrel life, eats throats pretty quickly. The 7max, I guess I'll see! This will probably be my most shot rifle, low recoil, very portable, cheap to hand load. I've got a spare barrel for backup!
Im going to guess a barrel will go at least 1500 rounds at 3050' with a 180 vs 700-800 with a Nosler run at equal pressure

This is exactly why the Max is the best choice! It easily out does the saum; is equal to or better than the wsm and undoubtedly better brass and design. 3000' with a 195 in a 26" barrel and ADG. brass.
Very interested in this cartridge, I'm lead free so any guess at velocity for 169 hammer hunters or 168 lrx?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.