Which 7mm???

Magman,

The regular 180s can't take it? Was this due to the 1 in 7 twist or the 3 groove?

I intend to try some regular jacketed bullets as I already have them. If things go bad I'll switch.

The regular 180s can't take it?
In the begining they could until the throat got roughed up a bit then they will start comming unglued.

Was this due to the 1 in 7 twist or the 3 groove?
I'm not 100% positive, but I think its a combination of both. You're displacing a lot of metal with the lands on a 3 groove and even if you get them to 3000 fps your looking at 308,000 RPM's. That in my experience is a recipe for disaster.

I intend to try some regular jacketed bullets as I already have them. If things go bad I'll switch.
I'm going to say if you see problems its going to be around the 60th round. If you make it past that I think you'll be in the clear.

Mine was a RUM and it would dust everything except the 160 Accubonds. It wouldn't happen every time but it seemed like when the bore warmed up the chances of them dusting was even greater. Good luck and just remember you can always fall back on the 160 AB's or the heavy jacket Bergers.

Yep can always fall back on a variety of bullets. Bet the E-tip and TSX won't come unraveled. Who knows maybe there will be other new bullets to try. But as you say the heavy jacketed 180 is available.

Thanks for that insight

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.