Which 7mm for a Tikka?

Less performance, more work. I just bought lots of 7mm wsm. Can be done but other than oddity and brass shortage which may be ended, no good reason. Can make 7wsm from 300 wsm but requires fireforming etc.
I love the WSM. One of the Best short mags IMO. Just throwing out options adressing brass. Making brass out of 300 is a pain, thats why the 7-300. Simple one step resizing operation. If I wanted another 7WSM I would buy enough brass to last the barrel before reaming the chamber. Finding it is so spotty. I havent seen win brass for sale in years and dont like Hornady, which I am using now. I would tell the OP if you can locate the brass first this would be my first choice.

7saum, adg/Gunwerks brass. Run a 24" tube minimum, or 22" suppressed. My one and only 7mm build is underway, it's a 7SS MAX, basically a 7mm saum w/o much taper at all, 40° shoulder, holds 78gr powder, pushes 195s close to 3k from 26" barrel. I plan to run 180s at a bit lower pressure. 26" proof sendero 1:8, lone peak razor ti long action, wyatt's cfe box, Hawkins bdl, Huber trigger and a ag composites visigoth stock. Should be under 7#. If it pans out to be everything I'm hoping, I'll be building a Tikka off same chambering, with a 22" barrel for a truck gun.

The wsm will always outperform tbe saum, period, if you are unawere of that then do some research. The saum is not a bad cartridge, the wsm just can do everything it can do and more. The saums were limited by the rem short action, they will not handle the wsms. Dont shoot the messenger, just because you dont like the truth of the message.
This is exactly why the Max is the best choice! It easily out does the saum; is equal to or better than the wsm and undoubtedly better brass and design. 3000' with a 195 in a 26" barrel and ADG. brass.

This is exactly why the Max is the best choice! It easily out does the saum; is equal to or better than the wsm and undoubtedly better brass and design. 3000' with a 195 in a 26" barrel and ADG. brass.
This is at max speed first signs of pressure?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.