Tikka...but which one

Just for basic info , we have been taking elk every season with a 6.5 for 30 + years. They have never let us down. Have mainly used the Barnes mono bullets. As to the model of Tikka I can only recommend that it be stainless . We have seen blue steel rifle's rust over night in hunting camp. The one & only Tikka I have is a stainless T3 in 6.5x55, 22" bbl. My Savage & Winchester 6.5's are also deadly. The elk never know the difference.
Hespco;
Would you mind sharing the ranges you have taken you elk at with 100% copper bullets?
I also own a rifle in 6.5x55 Swedish and it shoots Barnes very well but I feared poor bullet expansion due to the Swede's non-magnum velocities as if I understand correctly Barnes all copper bullets need slightly higher velocities to expand reliably VS traditional copper jacketed lead core bullets

Hespco;
Would you mind sharing the ranges you have taken you elk at with 100% copper bullets?
I also own a rifle in 6.5x55 Swedish and it shoots Barnes very well but I feared poor bullet expansion due to the Swede's non-magnum velocities as if I understand correctly Barnes all copper bullets need slightly higher velocities to expand reliably VS traditional copper jacketed lead core bullets
It's my understanding that since 100% copper bullets weigh less for the same length, if you get something of similar length, it will be lighter and also have higher velocity. If you don't try to push 140 copper solids out of a 6.5x55 but instead run a 120gr, it will go fast enough.

My longest, verified shot was with my wildcat 6.5x308 ( aka 260 Rem today ) & Barnes original 120gr "X" bullet. 347 yds with complete penetration. Elk went no more than 20yds.

I own a discontinued stainless steel synthetic Tikka T3 Lite RMEF edition in 300wsm and it is not only the most accurate rifle I have ever owned it was the easiest to do load development for. Essentially every reload I have fed it was a MOA load if not better, including the one and only factory load I put through it.
I have two friends who after watching me shoot it at the range and the groups I was getting went out later that week and bought my T3's replacement the T3x. They are happy beyond measure with their T3x's. Both are chambered in 300wm.
I'm sure there is a Tikka T3 owner out there that is unhappy with his rifle, I just have never read about one saying so. I my opinion for under $800 you can not beat a Tikka T3. Best guess is your odds of getting a tack driving T3 is closer to 100% than 90%
I got an unbelievable deal on it I believe because #1 the stock has a rather unattractive camo finish likely the least popular camo Tikka ever used and #2 everyone was closing out the T3 lites to make room for the T3x.
As much as I absolutely LOVE the beauty of the blued steel and walnut if my 3 JM stamped 336c's and my one Encore 209x50 and they really are beautiful, especially the Encore's black walnut and deep lustrous bluing is a combination of beauty and elegance, if I could I would have bought all three in stainless as it is a constant battle to keep all of them from rusting.

Where as my stainless T3, Savages, Knight Elites and Rugers I give not a concern to if they get rained on.
Last deer season I was hunting with my SST/SYN T3 and my boys had the Marlin 336c's and we got caught in an totally expected drizzle as the weather predicted less than 20% chance or precipitation.
I ended up going through and entire 16oz spray can of Remoil cleaning the 336c's. I thankfully ALWAYs have a can of Remoil or Breakfree in my hunting gear every time I go on any hunt gun or bow.
I felt extraordinarily fortunate neither of the Marlin's rusted.

I only buy blued firearms if they are not going to be used for big game hunting as is the case with my 22lr pistols and rifles or I have no other choice as when I bought the Marlins and the Encore.
Over on the fire there seems to be a cult following of the Tikka's and many I have noticed are experienced guys, must be something to it!
I am looking at the T3X now, wondering if I should go with the 20"with a can or just the 24".

Over on the fire there seems to be a cult following of the Tikka's and many I have noticed are experienced guys, must be something to it!
I am looking at the T3X now, wondering if I should go with the 20"with a can or just the 24".

Maybe I'm different but I prefer no can or muzzle brake on a hunting rifle.

Maybe I'm different but I prefer no can or muzzle brake on a hunting rifle.
Last year was my first year hunting suppressed and it was awesome. My buddy and I both got shots without spooking the herd of mule deer we were after on opening morning. We could communicate and didn't have to scramble to get his 10 year old's ear muffs on.

It's a hard pass on a muzzle brake for me especially hunting when you might forget ear pro.

Last year was my first year hunting suppressed and it was awesome. My buddy and I both got shots without spooking the herd of mule deer we were after on opening morning. We could communicate and didn't have to scramble to get his 10 year old's ear muffs on.

It's a hard pass on a muzzle brake for me especially hunting when you might forget ear pro.

Interestingly and not uncommon, whitetail deer where I hunt don't really spook in the fields to gun shots. There is shooting always going on here in Tennessee. Dumping a mag of 5.56 on a Sunday afternoon off the back porch is as normal as sweet tea.

I own a very accurate Tikka T3 stainless in 6.5x55. Just for info I have two Savage 260 Rems that will shoot groups slightly smaller than the Tikka.

Understand exactly. I have a 6.5x06 that shoots great also. Love the 6.5 since 1964. Bought a Rem 700 new then ( 1964 ) in 264 mag. It still shoots great. How many elk & deer, a bunch. Even some Antelope .

I own a very accurate Tikka T3 stainless in 6.5x55. Just for info I have two Savage 260 Rems that will shoot groups slightly smaller than the Tikka.
Many people have Savages that really shoot so I know your experience is not a fluke. I only have a sample of 2 , a heavy barrel 22-250 & a LRH in 300WM, not so good!
I think Tikka will be a MUCH safer bet for me!

Get the lefty version; T3x Lite in 7mm-08. And I agree with @Hespco, stainless for a hunting gun. You'll be happy. Every choice leaves something behind. You can't agonize over it. Figure out what matters MOST to you and be sure you get that feature. Even if it costs more. You only regret the extra expense for a few weeks. But not getting what you really wanted? You regret that forever.
In the US, can you get a left hand Tikka T3X Lite in either blued or stainless? I know the blued, wood-stocked T3X Hunter model is available in LH and in 7mm-08.