which 30 magnum most accurate?

rufous

Would you say that there is likely to be any difference in potential accuracy between the 300 Winchester Magnum and the 300 Weatherby Magnum and the 300 Remington Ultra Magnum? If so which would tend to be most accurate and why? Let us assume initially that the rifle would be a 50# 1000 yard bench gun. Next a 9# big game sporter rifle. Which company makes the best bulk brass for the 300 Weatherby and for the 300 RUM? Thanks, Rufous.

I would pretty much agree with BountyHunter. The 300 win and wby are both exellent cases and the Norma brass would be my pick. The wby mag is usually a little more versitle due to its shoulder and neck design.

You cannot go wrong with the Ultra mag either if you want high velocities. If you are looking for velocities closer to the win and wby mags, take a good hard look at the short mags. They are beltless, more inherently accurate and way more effecient. Plus the added benefit of a shorter more ridgid lighter action. Also stick to a 26" barrel to reduce barrel whip. Great things are to be coming and have already from these short fat magnums.

I would pretty much agree with BountyHunter. The 300 win and wby are both exellent cases and the Norma brass would be my pick. The wby mag is usually a little more versitle due to its shoulder and neck design.

You cannot go wrong with the Ultra mag either if you want high velocities. If you are looking for velocities closer to the win and wby mags, take a good hard look at the short mags. They are beltless, more inherently accurate and way more effecient. Plus the added benefit of a shorter more ridgid lighter action. Also stick to a 26" barrel to reduce barrel whip. Great things are to be coming and have already from these short fat magnums.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.