Most accurate 30-30?

I have a Marlin Texan made in the mid 60's that will shoot the 160 ftx into less than moa with Lever, I also have 2 Model 94 Wins that aren't as accurate, but I much prefer the look and feel of the 94s and they're more than accurate enough for deer to 200.

I have a Marlin Texan made in the mid 60's that will shoot the 160 ftx into less than moa with Lever, I also have 2 Model 94 Wins that aren't as accurate, but I much prefer the look and feel of the 94s and they're more than accurate enough for deer to 200.
Marlin "Texan" JM is a nice rifle I wish Marlin/Ruger still made it.

Marlin 336SS with 125gr Sierra's #2020 bullets over 35 gr of IMR 4064, CCI BR2's, shot off bags at 100yds, that'll put a 5 shot group up, and a Buffalo Nickel will cover it. The bench work on lever guns needs to be correct for a tight group. Lee dies and their crimp deal A+!! This ole North Haven, CT. rig has been great setup for 20 years. The Winchester Model 94's, some will also really shoot but, seems like, after the 50's, they just ain't got the sweet trigger, that Marlins came with from the factory.

Last edited: