Most accurate 30-30?

My Marlin shoots way better than my Henry. I have tried everything in that Henry and it is good to stay under 2 MOA. The Marlin shoots most everything under 1.2 MOA and some handloads under 1 MOA consistently. The Henry is a good looking rifle but not a great shooter. I'll stick with the Marlins.

You load pointy bullets, but can't use the tube as you might chain-fire.
So you load one into the chamber and one into the tube but you get to use bullets with better BC.
Wondering if anyone has tried the flex tip bullets? Not sure if they were making them in 30 caliber but would work in the tube

I have loaded the Hornady flex tips in both my Marlin and Henry. They shoot OK but not as good as the standard cup and core bullets in my two rifles. If you are aiming to extend your distance a little they would work OK but I always choose accuracy over velocity.

I have a 1955 Winchester 94 30-30 and with irons I can keep 3 in a inch at 50 yards which I am happy with given the sight picture. I had a Marlin 30-30 that would shoot my 170 grain handloads in 1" at 100 yards this was with a 3-9 scope. I kick myself for getting rid of that Marlin.

Wondering if anyone has tried the flex tip bullets?
The FTX bullets work fine in my micro-groove. Hornady factory shot better than Monarch factory ammo, but both were good enough to hit rams at 200 yards with iron sights. Got a bang-flop shooting a buck through the top of the shoulder blades/ though the spine with one.

I have a mint 1942 Winchester .30 WCF that I took the biggest buck whitetail I ever shot in Winchester ID using my 170gr hand load, that would, at times, on a good day shoot three into a moa if I was doing my part, and always was under 2 moa at 100 yards, ok near always. 😉

M94 30 30 year 1942 - Copy.jpg

I know of old marlins that with tweaking with factory barrels that went sub moa even sub ½ moa for 3@100. In fairness the latter was a very accomplished BR shooter that as well as the leveraction had used 30-30 chambered self built br rifle for score and group. He won and placed a lot with it. A slew of agg ribbons etc.
My 336 is a 1964 vintage rifle. My Dad bought it new in early 1965 for $65 otd.
I worked up the load after doing a little trigger work and it shoots very well. I wouldn't hesitate to take a 200 yard shot.

Factory 170s shoot 1.5 to 2 moa out of it.

Ive been searching high and low for a model 94 30-30 with the 24" barrel and full length magazine. No reason in particular, I just like it. Most recently I decided to see what type of accuracy people are getting out of any 30-30. Winchester, marlin, or Henry. I'd seen very mixed results. Are any of these rifles near 1 moa accuracy with premium hunting rounds or hand loads?
Henry make a tactical 30-30 you might check that out. 😉

Just for conversation, I've known a couple of friends over the years that owned Savage 340 bolt rifle in .30-30 Win, they were amazingly accurate with their hand loads and factory for that matter, the .30-30 Win is not an inaccurate cartridge at all, rather the opposite... It's all about the platform it's used in. Just my 0.2 Cheers.

I thought I read somewhere that one can improve the accuracy of a lever gun by very slightly losening any screws that grab the barrel and securing them with loctite (typically the barrel bands that secure the tubular magazine). The idea was it would help float the barrel thus improving accuracy.
Ive never tried, just something Ive heard somewhere.

I have two Savage 340 bolt action 30-30's. Amazing rifles for accuracy! The triggers are pretty decent too. When I was a kid, I could hit a tin can at 100yds every shot using the open sights. Now I have a scope on it and I would say they are well within 1-1.5" moa guns with factory federal ammo. I just picked up my latest a couple years ago that is a 340 built by savage for JCPenney in the Foremost name. It's serial number 1. Cool little guns