Most accurate hunting bullet

Since Warren quit posting here, I think that's the first rifle that shoots those J36's-40's better than... well, horse$hit!
smile.gif

Dang, start another thread and tell us the details of your success with them, I'm dieing to hear more, but must admit I wonder what "unbelievable" means in the way of accuracy.

I use the 140g SST in my 270 win. I have tryed alot of bullets and these seem to work the best in my gun. The 135g SMK is a little more accurate but hard to find where I live. Would use them if I could get them localy.

Jon12, to answer your questions. I used a 270 Win with a 28" barrel for years. Got real good velocity...3200fps. Your 270 WSM should go faster. I used the Hornady Interlock 130 grain bullets. I found that they did a good job of knocking down deer. At 300 yards maximum a boattail is not needed. Just gotta tune the load to give a consistent MOA or less for 300 yard shooting.

Hey guys, I now use 168 grain AMAX's in my 308 Win for varmint hunting. The varmints blow up real good and there are no ricochets on the misses. Since these bullets behave like a varmint bullet, shouldn't they not be used on deer? Penetration issues? Just curious.

later,
Terry Perkins

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.