What scope for hunting in the $2K range

In the last couple of years, I've been fortunate enough to go through several high-end hunting scopes in a quest for the ideal one. TT 315M, ZCO 527, ZCO 420, S&B, ATACR, VX6HD, Swarovski X5i, Zeiss V4, NF NX8. The one scope I keep coming back to for weight, mag range, glass, durability, tracking, zero stop, and reticle is the NF NX8 F1 MIL C. And it just happens to be below $2000. Now, I still have several of the listed scopes, but if I was only able to have one, it would be the NX8 for the reasons listed above. I could go through each scope listed and tell you pros and cons about this and that, but for the available market, the NX8 fits the price, weight, durability, magnification range, reticle, glass, tracking check list at least for me.

I may get slammed for this but... So that's my .02 worth:cool:

So, I have been shooting mid to long range for some time now. I have used Vortex, Zeiss, Leupold glass up to this point. Most of which has been in their mid-range models like Viper, V4-V6, and Vx5. In that time, I really have had only one problem with a scope, and it was with a first gen Vortex razor LTH. The parallax adjustment went bad. I have recently sold most of my semi customs and moved to full custom rifles. These I figure deserve a little higher end optics and I want better repeatability. I am primarily a hunter and only shoot at the range to improve my abilities. I am looking for some recommendations on scopes in the $2K range that I can count on when I want to take that shot. I have read hours of posts on here and am more confused or concerned than ever. I am not opposed to either FFP or SFP, and I do understand the differences. Weight is a consideration, but not the most important factor. If you had a custom rifle, what would your first choice be for optics in this price range? Thanks!
I have been in the market for one as well and I am considering the Trijicon Tenmile model. They have both FFP and SFP models with both Red/Green illuminated reticles and very nice reticle options. Good luck.

Another vote for the NX8. It has a lot great features for the price. If you need to shave a few ounces off, then I'd look at a March.

Just like everything else, price point seems to be shifting higher and higher. The law of diminishing returns applies once you pass the $1500 mark IMO. I delayed in purchasing a March F scope, and now the scope I wanted eclipsed the $3k point. It is difficult to understand why illumination can add $500 to some scopes. I've been a Leupold scope user for many decades and really never had the issues many have mentioned. I wanted to change things up on new custom rifle. Ultimately went with the Zeiss V6 and no complaints so far. It came in under $2k.

In the last couple of years, I've been fortunate enough to go through several high-end hunting scopes in a quest for the ideal one. TT 315M, ZCO 527, ZCO 420, S&B, ATACR, VX6HD, Swarovski X5i, Zeiss V4, NF NX8. The one scope I keep coming back to for weight, mag range, glass, durability, tracking, zero stop, and reticle is the NF NX8 F1 MIL C. And it just happens to be below $2000. Now, I still have several of the listed scopes, but if I was only able to have one, it would be the NX8 for the reasons listed above. I could go through each scope listed and tell you pros and cons about this and that, but for the available market, the NX8 fits the price, weight, durability, magnification range, reticle, glass, tracking check list at least for me.

I may get slammed for this but... So that's my .02 worth:cool:
Pretty much agree with 100%.

But I will add that a FFP trijicon tenmile is about the same price, has a better illumination design, and is better optically. Also very rugged. I'd strongly consider an NX8 or Trijicon tenmile for that below $2000 optic. I would choose the tenmile over the NX8 though. But the 5-30 tenmile is a MUCH larger scope. If you're okay with 3-18, then they are similar in size.