What scope for hunting in the $2K range

Thanks for the input everyone! I had two scopes in mind prior to posting this and you guys basically confirmed my thoughts. Mark 5hd and Nx8. I have not decided yet, but hopefully will make a decision soon. In the mean time, keep the suggestions coming,

Thanks for the input everyone! I had two scopes in mind prior to posting this and you guys basically confirmed my thoughts. Mark 5hd and Nx8. I have not decided yet, but hopefully will make a decision soon. In the mean time, keep the suggestions coming,

Great options, you won't regret either one. I have 2 NX8's (2.5-20x FFPs) and a 5-25 Mark 5. I'm happy with them all.

This is what it is going on.

Attachments

• B0262396-E638-41FC-B4BC-3A47B6CA8009.jpeg
    B0262396-E638-41FC-B4BC-3A47B6CA8009.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
My vote is Nightforce NX8 second focal plane in either 2.5x20 or 4x32. I have both and am looking for more right now. I love the 2.5x20 but I think I like the 4x32 a little more. While hunting, I can leave it on 4 zoom but when I want to test new load development I can zoom way in to get the best accuracy..... plus they are bomb proof with what I believe is the best customer service on the market. I have bought nightforce scopes used before and they let me send them in, test the crap out of them for me, then send them back no questions asked.
EDIT- just noticed you bought the NX8 2.5x20. My only advice is to get ready to pick up more overtime at work because you are going to want at least a couple more 🙃

Last edited:
I've been looking for an updated thread about this. I'm in the same boat. Will be going on a seekins element 7prc so weight is a consideration but since I'd be starting out with a light platform I'm not going to rule out anything. Like the OP I'm influenced easily by negative reviews when they are chronic. Take them with a grain of salt usually but effects my decision process for sure.

if you are hunting dusk and dawn, light transmission is another thing to think about. nightforce, vortex are very good scopes, but when put next to a schmidt or swaro the difference is enough to make you want to get rid. have never looked through a leupold so cannot compare those.

I was looking at the swaro. Used their ballistic turret and it only has one rotation and there are only a few reference dots. I prefer to have references to use for 25 yard increments and multi revolutions.

I was looking at the swaro. Used their ballistic turret and it only has one rotation and there are only a few reference dots. I prefer to have references to use for 25 yard increments and multi revolutions.
the swaros turrets do let them down, i dont know why they havent moved with the times and released something with 'tactical' turrets.