What scope for hunting in the $2K range

There are too many trade offs to cover in selecting a rifle scope. I wanted to purchase a NF scope for my last rifle. It just didn't make sense to attach nearly a 3 lb scope to a light weight rifle IMO. The NX8 runs around 28 ozs but with integrated rails on my long action and eye box challenges, it really created some concerns for me. Swarovski needs to figure out their turrets. X5's have a elevation turret the size of grain silo and all the others seem to have limitations and plastic BT's. Schmidt are great scopes, but are really pushing the $3500+ range to get what I would want. I ended up with a Zeiss V6 3-18x50. Works well for my purposes and bought it new for $1799.

Like any debate there are pros and cons. I'd just wished there was a scope that covered all the bases. Doesn't seem too hard to do just that each manufacturer lacks on one or more features. No perfect solution I guess.

I have a good friend that shoots competitively and this is his recommendation as well. He is a no BS kinda guy, so your confirmation makes me feel much better about the option. Now for me it will be getting used to the FFP, which I hear is not that big of a learning curve. Thanks again it
I was wondering where you are hunting. I am a mid west hunter . I can shoot up to 550 which is a long way for the Midwest . I need a bold cross hair like the z Plex Zeiss has and other manufacturers. the reticle in night force is way to busy for my eye I wish the would make a standard Plex reticle. Good luck

I was wondering where you are hunting. I am a mid west hunter . I can shoot up to 550 which is a long way for the Midwest . I need a bold cross hair like the z Plex Zeiss has and other manufacturers. the reticle in night force is way to busy for my eye I wish the would make a standard Plex reticle. Good luck
I looked to see the OP's location and coincidentally we live in the same city in Northwest Nevada

I think I posted this earlier, but I ended up going with a Nightforce NX8 and so far I really like it. It is a bit heavier than what I was hoping for, but the glass is very clear and I like the reticle. I am hoping to get this rifle back to the range this weekend if it does not snow again.

I think I posted this earlier, but I ended up going with a Nightforce NX8 and so far I really like it. It is a bit heavier than what I was hoping for, but the glass is very clear and I like the reticle. I am hoping to get this rifle back to the range this weekend if it does not snow again.
It's supposed to snow Saturday but I'm going to the range anyways. Looks like it's supposed to let up in the afternoon so we're going to chance it

Thanks for the input everyone! I had two scopes in mind prior to posting this and you guys basically confirmed my thoughts. Mark 5hd and Nx8. I have not decided yet, but hopefully will make a decision soon. In the mean time, keep the suggestions coming,
I have both of these. They have good and bad attributes in each one of them.

The eye box on the NX8 is not very forgiving. You have to be lined up perfectly behind it.

I prefer the turrets on the MK5, especially the locking part. But they seem to be questionable.

I would consider the glass a wash.

I much prefer the dial operation of the illumination on the MK5 to the push button on the NX8.