What scope for hunting in the $2K range

pburton

So, I have been shooting mid to long range for some time now. I have used Vortex, Zeiss, Leupold glass up to this point. Most of which has been in their mid-range models like Viper, V4-V6, and Vx5. In that time, I really have had only one problem with a scope, and it was with a first gen Vortex razor LTH. The parallax adjustment went bad. I have recently sold most of my semi customs and moved to full custom rifles. These I figure deserve a little higher end optics and I want better repeatability. I am primarily a hunter and only shoot at the range to improve my abilities. I am looking for some recommendations on scopes in the $2K range that I can count on when I want to take that shot. I have read hours of posts on here and am more confused or concerned than ever. I am not opposed to either FFP or SFP, and I do understand the differences. Weight is a consideration, but not the most important factor. If you had a custom rifle, what would your first choice be for optics in this price range? Thanks!

I appreciate the input. That is one that I have looked at and is on the list of possibilities. After hearing so much negative feedback about Leupold products, it has made me a little hesitant.

I too have used Leupold scopes my whole life and have never sent one in, so i dont know?
I have used Leupold scopes for my whole life as well. With that being said, I have only had one Leupold scoped with turrets to dial. It has worked out fine and I have made first shot kills out to 600 yards. But I see all of this negative feedback that makes me wonder.

No affiliation. The turrets have great clicks and the zero stop is easy as it gets. Mine have held zero above expectations. Nice reticle options. If you are leo/mil they have a great discount. That's what got me on them. Good eye relief and weight in ffp. I would ignore the leupold haters on this specific model. Again my 2 cents, why I like em. Don't think you'll be disappointed. Like the euro glass as well but the options that I intrigue me are a bit pricey.

I have used Leupold scopes for my whole life as well. With that being said, I have only had one Leupold scoped with turrets to dial. It has worked out fine and I have made first shot kills out to 600 yards. But I see all of this negative feedback that makes me wonder.
They had a thread on here a while back and if I remember right it was focused on the VX6…. But it's hard to remember for sure and I think it was a tracking issue. I have 3 of the Vx5HD's and they have been spot on.

No affiliation. The turrets have great clicks and the zero stop is easy as it gets. Mine have held zero above expectations. Nice reticle options. If you are leo/mil they have a great discount. That's what got me on them. Good eye relief and weight in ffp. I would ignore the leupold haters on this specific model. Again my 2 cents, why I like em. Don't think you'll be disappointed. Like the euro glass as well but the options that I intrigue me are a bit pricey.
I have a good friend that shoots competitively and this is his recommendation as well. He is a no BS kinda guy, so your confirmation makes me feel much better about the option. Now for me it will be getting used to the FFP, which I hear is not that big of a learning curve. Thanks again

I have a good friend that shoots competitively and this is his recommendation as well. He is a no BS kinda guy, so your confirmation makes me feel much better about the option. Now for me it will be getting used to the FFP, which I hear is not that big of a learning curve. Thanks again
Its not…. And once you start shooting them its hard to go back to the SFP scopes, at least for me it was..

If your new to ffp, me personally I walk in the brush at 6x. I don't find anything below that usable with this optic. Only downside in the up close and personal range.