What is your favorite rifle in your arsenal?

That's easy my Colt SP-1 with original Colt optics.

Attachments

• Colt SP1 with Colt Scope 001.jpg
    Colt SP1 with Colt Scope 001.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Colt SP1 with Colt Scope 005.jpg
    Colt SP1 with Colt Scope 005.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 157
  • Colt SP1 with Colt Scope 006.jpg
    Colt SP1 with Colt Scope 006.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 156
I'll grab my .300 win mag ruger m77 mII any day. It's topped with a Nikon prostaff 3-9x40 bdc reticle. I bought it when I was 16. I dreamed of hunting elk one day. Quite a few elk later (a dozen I think) and that rifle has proven itself over and over again. It's been fed a steady diet of 180 accubonds and H1000. I am absolutely confident in that rifle out to 500 yards.

This is a "Tough One" as I have so many special ones, as we all do but if I had to pick one, it would have to be my 280 Ackley. It started out as a 22-250 from Winslow Arms that I bought used in 1972.....I didn't like the long action on the 22-250 so I had Mr Kleinguenther true the action and rebarrel it in 280 Rem in the late 80s and then had Pete Pieper of Precision Barrel Work rechamber it in 280 Ackley 7 or 8 years ago. It's killed a ton of deer in 3 different cartridges.

Well, I haven't hunted in 30yrs, so if that excludes me from replying.....that being said, my absolute stone wall favorite in my Arsenal is my 338-378 Why I had built. That thing has taught me so much; I thought I knew something about shooting, and loading....turns out, I didn't know Jack Snow about nothing ! I named it the 338 "Tinkeree" not long after I got it completed, cause I'm always tinkering with it ! Love that thing !

I'm a rifle churner too. Always trying different stuff.
My favorite rifle now is a Barrett Fieldcraft, 6.5 Creedmoor , the Lipsey's version with the 24" barrel. Talley low rings and topped with a Nightforce compact 2.5-10 , mil r reticle.

I've only had it for a few months. Finally settled on a load with 156 Berger's at 2650 fps. Shot a couple pigs with it then went after antelope and shot one at 515 yards.

It weighs 7.1 lbs. it shoots just about everything 1 moa or less. The Berger load shoots 3/4" at 100. The rifle feeds good , shoots good and is a pleasure to carry.

Mine is my cheap psa 300blk. Nothing special just some magpul hardware cheap Nikon 2-10. Running the 100 gr minis at 2550fps.
With all my nice rifles this one gets grabbed more often than not. Maybe because in Michigan we rarely shoot more than 100 yards. It took two more deer this week in the hands of a Purple Heart vet on his hunt.

My Sako 75 Synthetic Stainless in 6.5x55mm, with Swarovski 3-16x50 BR-I 'scope.
Absolutely brilliant bit of kit that will be rebarrelled when needed and then be good for another 10-15 years

Mines a weatherby mark v ultralight in 257 WTBY Mag killed piles of game from antelope to elk and never pulled the trigger more than once on each one. Close second is my 340 WTBY I call it Thor's Hammer. Those two will never leave others come and go but those two are mine till I am gone.