What is your favorite rifle in your arsenal?

A 1984 model 70 Winchester chambered in 223 with a Simmons white tail hunter scope and having a 20" med contour barrel . We've traveled thousands of miles and taken a ton of coyote and fox together running 55 gr. sierra hollow points , I used 4350 powder until I couldn't get it for awhile then went to H335 , on top of 26 gr of H335 .

Go ahead and chuckle but if we are talking about the one rifle in my safe that has put the most meat on the ground in the last 20 yrs, it is a Rem titanium in 30-06 topped with a Leupold 2.5-8. I have used it on Kodiak Island for deer, a pile of deer in the brush of Western Wa, elk in Co. ,mulies in Idaho. No it is not long range by any stretch but it has gotten the job done for me so much that it should be receiving health care benefits and a nice retirement.

I have a pre 64 Model 70 featherweight in 30-06 that I bought used. I don't use it as much as I used to because I have "specialty" guns. I loaded 110 grain bullets in 30 caliber and used that Model 70 for my varmint rifle. That was so much fun I scraped some money together a bought a 22-250.
Shot a lot of small California deer with that 30-06 loaded with 150 grain bullets. Started hunting elk and loaded 180 grain bullets that killed elk and mule deer just fine.
Couldn't leave it alone, Bought a Model 700 300 WM with a Leupold 3X9 V3 from a friend for $300.00. More of a can't pass that up that really wanting the gun. Killed some more elk with that gun.
When it came out I lusted for a 300 RUM. Finally was financially able to purchase a Remington Sendero in 300 RUM and shot it for several years with success on elk.
My finances changed and I had a custom 338 Edge built on a Remington 700 action with a Broughton barrel. I love this gun and it shoots itty bitty groups.
What I am getting around to saying is that if I wanted to pick just one gun and go shoot something, it would be that old Model 70. It is very accurate, not much to carry and is capable of killing anything that I am likely to shot.

61A0FE14-6A00-4E61-9FA9-CED0127FD680.png
My favorite gun to grab, a model 94 cut to 16 in cerakoted grey with a scout mount and 2.5 fixed Leopold scope on it. It's a cool mix of old and new, shoots factory 160 grain FTX and federal 170 partition at just over Moa also. Favorite rifle hands down.

So I always go thru rifles, like a bunch. I shoot them and move them to try new stuff. However, I have one rifle that I have had now for like 5 years. It was a gift from my wife for Christmas. She is a Barrett 98b 338 lapua name Lindsay Lohan! Name is fitting cause she looks good from a little ways off but once u get close u can see she is a little dirty and well used!! What is u guys one gun, that is your go to?
View attachment 148461 View attachment 148462
Right now,and my favorites tend to change with the seasons, is my heavy barrel 260 Remington with a 1lb jaeger trigger and a McMillan bench stock topped with a kahles 10x50 scope

Go ahead and chuckle but if we are talking about the one rifle in my safe that has put the most meat on the ground in the last 20 yrs, it is a Rem titanium in 30-06 topped with a Leupold 2.5-8. I have used it on Kodiak Island for deer, a pile of deer in the brush of Western Wa, elk in Co. ,mulies in Idaho. No it is not long range by any stretch but it has gotten the job done for me so much that it should be receiving health care benefits and a nice retirement.
Favorite to have in my hands currently is a Custom Rem 700 with #2 contour Benchmark 24" bbl, topped with a Leupold VX6 2-12, sitting in a Darin Blagg lightweight stock, tripped by a Jewell. Just have not put it to enough huntin use yet. Shoots like a dream......

So I always go thru rifles, like a bunch. I shoot them and move them to try new stuff. However, I have one rifle that I have had now for like 5 years. It was a gift from my wife for Christmas. She is a Barrett 98b 338 lapua name Lindsay Lohan! Name is fitting cause she looks good from a little ways off but once u get close u can see she is a little dirty and well used!! What is u guys one gun, that is your go to?
View attachment 148461 View attachment 148462

Barrett hu, nice wife.
Mines a custom 300 win mag. A skunk a 485 yards facing me, prob 12-13 turkeys at 100-300 yards no meat loss yet. Numerous deer and hogs.
Started with 208 gr Amad now 208 gr eld just real sweet shooter after 9-10 years still good.

Barrett hu, nice wife.
Mines a custom 300 win mag. A skunk a 485 yards facing me, prob 12-13 turkeys at 100-300 yards no meat loss yet. Numerous deer and hogs.
Started with 208 gr Amad now 208 gr eld just real sweet shooter after 9-10 years still good.
That is my other go to rifle also. Sac 300 win with proof. I also shoot 208s in mine also. I guess I just shoot the 338 way more is the only reason I picked it over the Winnie!

Like Lee, I have a well experienced Rem 700 ADL, but in 30-06. I bought it used in the mid 70's. It's ridden over 1000 miles in the scabbard in various wilderness areas of New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona with me and a son and daughter.
I've lost count of the deer, elk, coyotes, prairie dogs as well as two Oryx it has dropped from powder burn range out to over 600 yards.
The stock has been repaired with brass pins and "cement" from a fracture when it protected my leg from a kicking pack mule, but it still puts 180 Sierra game kings in an inch or less when I check it on paper.
I have, and have used fancier, faster, more exotic and more accurate rifles, but when I draw that long awaited permit and the shot Really counts I will have that familiar rifle in my hands.

My Ruger 10/22 with heavy fluted bull barrel and laminated stock gets the most use living on a farm in a rural area. I have animals and a big garden. I also have coons, possums, foxes, coyotes, feral dogs, cats and bird pests that create problems from time to time. They just keep coming. Occasionaly, I break out the Ruger 77 22 K hornet to take out the bigger vermin. Favorite deer rifle is a Remingto model 7 in .308. Favorite Elk rifle is a Ruger number 1 in 300WM.

Mine would have to be my Sako 300 Wby. It loves the Barnes 180 TTSX and shoots them at 3240 out of its 24 inch barrel. I have killed more gamewith that rifle then any other rifle I own even if the others are added all together. She now wears a brake and a brand new Ziess Conquest scope the only changes she got besides the B&C stock many moons ago.

I guess you could say I'm still working on it! lol. I'm building what I hope to be my go to: Terminus with a Proof barrel, 300PRC.

As of right now I have the Nosler M48 in 26 Nosler, sitting in a McMillan game hunter. Whatever I point it at dies, including two oryx, a pronghorn and my boy's first mulie. Shoots like a laser out to 400 yards and doesn't take much to go further. Sadly I'm already noticing a loss of throat with less than 400 rounds through her.

Mmmmm..... my favorite hands down go to time and time again would have to be the Ruger 77 in 25:06AI which I had dipped and is shown in my avatar. It's accounted for pests at short range and a nice Washington Blacktail at 525 yards. After looking for years, I finally was able to lay my hands on a custom stocked Mauser in 240 Gibbs just prior to hunting season last year. It accounted for the buck hanging on my wall. I'm trying to decide on my old or new favorite for this season.

It is very hard to pin me down to "one" favorite rifle, since I have several. Which one is the flavor of the day depends a bit on the game and the terrain. Here are the ones I favor:
Custom 8mm Rem Mag. 700 Remington action, 26" Benchmark, 1-9.5 twist, McMillan Classic stock with Limbsaver, Triggertech trigger at 2.75 lb, Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 B&C. .5 moa rifle with the 220 A-Frame, started at 3050, using RL26.
Custom 308 Norma Magnum: 700 Remington action, 26" McGowen 1-10 twist, Remington Custom shop Tiger Maple stock, pillar bedded, Limbsaver. Triggertech trigger, Leupold VX-3, 3.5-10x40 B&C. Also a .5 moa rifle. 180 Accubond at 3145, using Norma MRP.
Second custom: 308 Norma Magnum, Commercial Mauser Action, 26" Benchmark, 1-9 twist, Timney trigger, McMillan classic stock with Decelerator pad. Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40 B&C. Have shot 3.3" groups at 500 meters with this rifle. 215 gr LRAB at 2950 using Retumbo.
I have just acquired a 3rd 308 Norma built on a #1B Ruger action, but have not had time to load for it yet, since hunting season is here now.
There are 3 or 4 others that I like a lot but they see less action than the 3 customs Dave