What is the most overbore cartridge YOU HAVE USED?

I've actually been curious about this one!

Tell us more! Build specs, barrel length and twist, bullets and powders used and performance realized!!!!

I tried all the suitable powders (I have 197 different powders on hand) and VV 24N41 was hands down the best. 115gr Berger at 3400fps. I actually pushed it to 3600fps, but that was over pressure. 26.5" 1:7 twist Krieger. Brass life has been surprisingly good despite my work-up loads being quite robust by anyone's standards.

Tony

I tried all the suitable powders (I have 197 different powders on hand) and VV 24N41 was hands down the best. 115gr Berger at 3400fps. I actually pushed it to 3600fps, but that was over pressure. 26.5" 1:7 twist Krieger. Brass life has been surprisingly good despite my work-up loads being quite robust by anyone's standards.

Tony
197….dear Lord….i didn't know there were that many

A great manny years ago, my friend loading for a Ruger #1 300WM with 165gr noslers was getting 3400fps out of it and very accurate too. I don't have the reloading data on it. He has pass several years ago, I kind of kick myself in the bu** for not getting the info from him, and saving it. I was the Ginny pig that shot his rifle to determine just how accurate the loads were. Sure was hell on my shoulder, but fun at the same time. :oops:

A great manny years ago, my friend loading for a Ruger #1 300WM with 165gr noslers was getting 3400fps out of it and very accurate too. I don't have the reloading data on it. He has pass several years ago, I kind of kick myself in the bu** for not getting the info from him, and saving it. I was the Ginny pig that shot his rifle to determine just how accurate the loads were. Sure was hell on my shoulder, but fun at the same time. :oops:

Holy smokes......I'll bet that load was a bit over 65k psi. It would be pretty tough to blow up a Ruger #1 though.
I shoot my factory chambered 450 Nitro Express Ruger #1 with 300's running 3050fps, and 500's a bit over 2400fps. At 7.5 pounds, it will knock you into next week.

Tony

Holy smokes......I'll bet that load was a bit over 65k psi. It would be pretty tough to blow up a Ruger #1 though.
I shoot my factory chambered 450 Nitro Express Ruger #1 with 300's running 3050fps, and 500's a bit over 2400fps. At 7.5 pounds, it will knock you into next week.

Tony
Flatten primer only. That it did on the recoil.