What is the best/Most common Muzzle Brake

tvincent

Hi All
I have a 300 RUM, which has a chamber brake. I have seen the Holland Quick discharge brake. What does the group recommend?

Thank you for your kind advice.

Thomas

From everything I've seen the baffled breaks like the Holland, or Defensive Edge breaks seem to be the most popular. 308Nate has a V-Port style that he makes and everyone that has one seems to really like it.

Most people recommend staying away from the breaks with holes on the bottom if you plan on shooting prone.

I would say that the mosu common brake here would be the baffel style like the one that Darrel Holland make or Shawn Carlock , Nate Dagley(308Nate) Ithink Kirby is making some now. I think thety are more popular here because we are hunters and shoot from the gound alot and these style brakes keep from blasting you with dirt.

But I think the overall most common brake is the Vias , I've seen more of these than any other.

I personaly recomend Nate Dagley's brake , its very effective lookes realy cool and doesen't cost a fortune. I have one on a 260 and the gun barely even flenches on the bench when allowed to free recoil.
Nate installed one on Eddybo's factory Wby MK-V in 300 Wby (about 8lbs)and the recoil reduction on that thig was awsome , PM Eddybo and ask him about.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.