What external ballistics topics would you like to see explored?

Why aren't there any other manufacturers getting into this high heat tip?

Not sure if Sierra had ideas about this but their new tips are an Acetal Resin based tip which has a higher stability under heat than traditional polymers and plastics. Unfortunately I haven't had much trigger time in the last year and a half and haven't shot the 175's as far as I'd like to have by now to see if the BC falls off the table like the 178 AMAX does or if the BC holds more steady. Knowing Sierra, they researched their new TMKs to death before they finalized and released them.

Sorry for the highjack

Thanks Bryan,
I should really read more of your work... Years ago I played with (subsonic) racing model aeroplanes and air foils /surfaces were quite critical hence my thoughts.

edi

Do solids have a higher stability requirement than jacketed projectiles? I.e 1.5 SG? For instance Cutting Edge bullets, their .375 425gr MTH is said as needing a 7.5" twist at 2700fps for full stability, which produces just under 2.5 SG... If based on the 1.5 SG then it only needs a 9.5 twist to be fully stable at 2700fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.