I would like to see Berger make ____

Yes, 5000' ASL would certainly help matters! Unfortunately for me I am about 400' ASL. Cool to know that you can get Some stability even in a 10 twist barrel with a standard 270!

Gary

Getting the first EOL "ultra heavy" bullets will be an important first step. There are too many unanswered questions to assume that everything will go as planned (or desired).

There are two things that I know to be true. We will do everything we can to make this situation work as we believe things within rifle shooting have evolved to be ready for this to work properly (barrel, powder and case design improvements).

The other thing is that if it works, we will be making EOL ultra heavy bullets in all the same calibers in which we currently make bullets (and some in which we don't make yet).

The key will be whether or not they work. I'm using the word "work" loosely since we are not targeting a specific end result but rather are going to see where we end up. If it is not at an exceptable level we will see if we can do anything to get there.

Regards,
Eric

Im not a quarter bore fan BUT a good HEAVY 25 would be awesome. Details up to you guys but the only bergers I shoot at game are always heavy for caliber. I wonder how many horror story tellers were shooting light for caliber? My 6-284 with 115vlds wouldnt scare me on any hooved animal in America. IDEAL? Maybe not but astounding damage and penetration. Elmer Keith understood SD. Many people seem not too and then blame the bullet.

My Sendero 25-06AI shoots the Wildcat 125 VERY well, but I am almost out of those. I believe top end 25-06 loads and better can do well with 125 as mine certainly does, but maybe even 130 depending on design. This would give new life to these rounds, giving bullets streamlined like the 115gr .243, but with more velocity & alot more energy.

These new bullets are sitting at the moment, until the current demand slows on existing sku's long enough to get them made.

Will be on here as soon as I get the word! Thanks for everyones patience.

I would like to see Berger see the future of bullets and be proactive in the solid expanding bullet market. Barnes makes great 338 265gr and 280 gr bullets that are far ballisticaly superior to the Hornady GMX. Matrix does not have any distribution or market share like the other companies and Cutting Edge might not "cut" it.. What could a rocket scientist do to compete with Barnes? I sure would like to find out.

I am not sure, but I believe that they will run back to back. When I get more information I will post the potential lead time and details on here.

Thanks.

I would like to see Berger make....a bullet that is less hype and more performance.

Then you have obviously never shot a Berger VLD...

I've shot LOTS of different bullets from Nosler to Sierra, Barnes to Berger, Hornady, and everything inbetween. And nothing I have shot seems to compare to the VLD's performance at the range. I haven't had a chance to shoot any game with the VLD, but I'll find out this year. But as far as accuracy and consistancy at the range, I have not found a more accurate projectile.

I would love to see Berger make a .257 125-130gr VLD for us .257 Wby Mag shooters who hunt whitetails with it and want something with a little more weight and higher BC that packs a heavier wallop at longer ranges. And also a .284 (7mm) 210gr VLD.

These are just pipe dreams, but if I had to pick 1 of the 2.....I'd go with the 130gr .257 VLD.

I have to admit, a .257 heavy that requires a non-standard "tight" twist would be _WONDERFUL_ !!

A 6.5 heavy would be seriously sweet as well :)

I think the .257 130gr VLD would be NASTY in my .257 Wby Mag AccuMark with the Krieger 1:10 barrel with that long freebore for jump.

BUCK NASTY!

Literally...

I've talked with one of the fellers over at Berger on several occasions, but he said they hadn't looked into it much. I sure wish they would b/c I'd buy the first 500 Hunting VLD's off the assembly line for load development and whitetail stompin!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.