What bullet/s would you like to see tested?

is the only way to get the b.c. results by purchasing an app or gaget with the software ? 7mm 150 scirroco , 2nd the 308 168 ablr , speer 165 , 180 btsp

I couldn't figure out how to make use of the A.B. bullet list. I could find no discernible hot links, either here or at the site itself, in order to open the individual bullet info. Can someone give a step-by-step tutorial for us dummies. :)

The only way to access our Library is through one of our products which include the Library. This can be an app or device or the the desktop software etc.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are shooters looking for data somewhere else instead of just calculating their own BCs based on what they're seeing under their real word conditions? We can all agree that a bullet's BC value is on a spectrum based on a number of variables. If I tell you that the BC of a given bullet is a G7 value of .418 then that's just staring point. If the twist, velocity, atmospherics and flap of a butterfly's wings are different under your conditions then your BC value will be subject to variation too. Either way the shooter will have to make small adjustments to get everything dialed in under a specific set of conditions.

There's a lot of very technical data that a high end lab is capable of collecting, but the only data that matters in the field is what's happening in the field.

We take things a step further. Our BC data is not only averaged (so you don't end up with a marketing BC) but it is also set to ICAO standard. We publish these so users have a number that is good for comparing A vs B if they want to. It also works for many shooters in hunting situations which I could consider 99+% of to be relatively short range.

But, and a big difference, is that we publish CDMs. These are basically Custom Flight Models for each bullet. The Bullets are measured with an optical comparitor, then shot over radar. So we are able to model that bullet physically and provide its flight characteristics individually. This gives the user not just a single use BC but tons of data points including the important ones through transonic flight into subsonic.

So you in essence get the best of both worlds. You get an averaged BC which can be compared against other bullets truthfully (this is averaged from above 3000 fps into subsonic) and you get a Custom Drag Model where all that bullets characteristics are provided for predictions and not referenced against a standard of some kind (G1, G7, Gsp, R4A Etc.).

DOC -

Howdy !

I'd like to see the Hornady .224" caliber 55 SX SP tested @ 3,700 - 4,000fps,
if at all possible. I realize this is a velocity above the level Hornady has suggested as a limit.

With regards,
357Mag

His loyalty is probably to berger , I know you know that Steve but would not voice it , and I do not blame you under the circumstances JMHO

Our laboratory loyalty is to the data. While we do consult for Berger, we also Consult for other companies as well. We would never compromise data in order to favor anyone. Believe it or not, we do consulting work for many companies and products.

We take things a step further. Our BC data is not only averaged (so you don't end up with a marketing BC) but it is also set to ICAO standard. We publish these so users have a number that is good for comparing A vs B if they want to. It also works for many shooters in hunting situations which I could consider 99+% of to be relatively short range.

But, and a big difference, is that we publish CDMs. These are basically Custom Flight Models for each bullet. The Bullets are measured with an optical comparitor, then shot over radar. So we are able to model that bullet physically and provide its flight characteristics individually. This gives the user not just a single use BC but tons of data points including the important ones through transonic flight into subsonic.

So you in essence get the best of both worlds. You get an averaged BC which can be compared against other bullets truthfully (this is averaged from above 3000 fps into subsonic) and you get a Custom Drag Model where all that bullets characteristics are provided for predictions and not referenced against a standard of some kind (G1, G7, Gsp, R4A Etc.).
Hey Doc, appreciate all the data.
I read yorke response the other day and thought.
"Why does it matter, I like having conversations about bullets. I like having some data to refer to when conversations come up about particular bullets. Sure would be nice to have some baseline data before purchasing bullets that are a dollar a piece.

Our laboratory loyalty is to the data. While we do consult for Berger, we also Consult for other companies as well. We would never compromise data in order to favor anyone. Believe it or not, we do consulting work for many companies and products.
Doc,

Email me at info@hammerbullets I would like to discuss consultation.

Thank you for your response to my original post.

125gr 6.5mm and 180gr .308 Cutting Edge bullets Maximus

250,265 and 275gr .338 CEB Lazer
And the .338 225gr and 260gr CEB Maximus.

The CEB 338 Lazers are already there. I have added the Maximus for review.

168 gr Nosler Accubond Long Range in 7mm STW. 142 gr Nosler in 26 Nosler. 129 gr Accubond Long Range in 6.5 Creedmoor

These are already in our Library.

Barnes LRX in a 338 Lapua

These are already in our Library.

Berger 30 Cal. 215gr Hybrid Target

This is already in our Library.

How about the Berger 185 Hybrid. I had a 5 shot group under 7" at 1000. Never did a Ballistics test, only a load development on my custom 308 from Mark Penrod out of Manchester, Indiana.

This is already in our Library.

How about a .375 Berger VLD/ELO/Hybrid/OTM/Whatever...gotta make it first!:D

Tell Berger you want it made.

.223 loads with Barnes 70gr.tsx tac .223 loads with Sierra GK65gr.

I believe you are talking load data? We don't publish load data, however the bullets are already in our Library.

I would like to see Nosler 7MM 140 grain Ballistic Tip. Thank you

This bullet is already in our Library.

If I didn't personally respond to you, please do not take offense. As you can imagine their was a lot to catch up on here after this weekend. I have taken many of your requests under review and they are now on the table for discussion. I do greatly appreciate the participation here, as we look to expand our library well beyond 1000 bullets. Thank You.

Hey Doc, appreciate all the data.
I read yorke response the other day and thought.
"Why does it matter, I like having conversations about bullets. I like having some data to refer to when conversations come up about particular bullets. Sure would be nice to have some baseline data before purchasing bullets that are a dollar a piece.

Backyard BC testing is job security in my book.

I sent out my monthly emails the other day.
I have a better idea...why don't YOU tell them to make it, bet you have more pull with them then I do.:D

If 2000 customers ask for it, then it will have more weight. I actually know what is going on, but still. Tell everyone you know to ask for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.