What’s happening to LRH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a newbee here,but am active on several other gun& hunting forums.It is always nice to get fresh input in the many topics discussed here.What is long range for me I am sure many consider to be chip shots.Where I hunt in the swamps of NE Wi.25 yards might be a long shot.Where I hunt in Montana I consider 500 yards "Long Range".So the termLong range is dependent on what the individual person consider long range to be.And everyone knows opinions abound.I am an old dog willing to learn new tricks and will listen to other opinions with an open mind.Huntz

The Search feature, works very well on this site and can answer a lot of questions, give it try.

I think part of the frustration that some of the more experienced people are expressing comes from newer people either not searching the forums before posting questions, or if they have searched, asking their questions in such a way that it appears that they haven't tried to find the answer first.

When I first started reading the forums, even before I joined, I had a fairly solid understanding of firearms, reloading, and basic ballistics, but it would still often take several different tries using different search terms to find some of the answers that I was looking for. I knew some of the right terms, but if you don't know the right terms because you are just starting out, it could be quite daunting despite how well the search function works.

I think part of the frustration that some of the more experienced people are expressing comes from newer people either not searching the forums before posting questions, or if they have searched, asking their questions in such a way that it appears that they haven't tried to find the answer first.

When I first started reading the forums, even before I joined, I had a fairly solid understanding of firearms, reloading, and basic ballistics, but it would still often take several different tries using different search terms to find some of the answers that I was looking for. I knew some of the right terms, but if you don't know the right terms because you are just starting out, it could be quite daunting despite how well the search function works.

To me, that is the value of a properly maintained wiki. Ideally the basics are condensed into one resource, that than trying to search myriad posts to pull the one piece of info you need.

The Search feature, works very well on this site and can answer a lot of questions, give it try.
I do searches, and yes, they are informative. At the same time ,there is something satisfying about getting a direct response to you particular question. I think they use to call it comrodery. I guess its just called aggravation now. I'm just trying to learn how it works in the new information age...

Forums all have their own culture and they change too. Everything evolves. If it didn't, we would still be using blunt instruments to collect food.

There used to be a forum called shortmags.com. I remember reading alot of info there but nothing like this site. I think I was a member and made a few posts but honestly it was so long ago I can't remember for sure. LoL. I had the first Tikka T3 & berger bullets around these parts. Best of the west with John Burns was my favorite show, I even enjoyed the re-runs. Sorry to get off track here but I had to reminisce some good memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.