What’s your favorite cartridge?

Yes that's a shame, the 25gr bullet "Remington" was only made for the hand loader for a short time, I have the last 400 or so to a Canadian Army bubby a year ago, he passed away before ever using them, but his son is a reloader and shoots the .17 so they'll get used. You might keep checking around now and then someone has a box or two for sale on the web, as well as the Hornady and others... There is, in my opinion, a market for the .25gr bullet in the .17 cal community. I never did as well with the 20gr and 30gr bullets in the .17 Rem. Good Luck Cheers
Gunbroker has them at times at gouges prices lol

I have a 338WM and it's the biggest I have. Don't really need anything bigger than that. With the brake I had gotten placed on it. It's now a fun rifle to shoot, and it does the job. A little big for deer and Antelope, but it works for those too. I have another one coming in a 26" barrel length. I'll see I can get a little more out of it. The one I use now is a 24" barrel, and I am getting 3230fps out of it, with a 200gr Accubond bullet. the last four I shot, 2 dead in their tracks, and the other 2 went about 15 to 20 yards.

My favourite has always been the 300WM, but the 338WM and 338-416 Rigby Improved 45° are my favourite too.
The other is my custom Win Model 70 stainless in 375 Weatherby…it hammers everything it touches and was the first custom I built and took to Alaska on Kodiak bears. **** does it work very very well.

Cheers.

6.5X284 Norma

Special mention: My 375 H&H.. Mauser action Whitwoth Express owned for 40+ years has accounted for game from 80 pound Impala to 2000 pound Cape Buffalo…Classic lines, perfect handling/ergonomics, and beautiful blued steel/walnut.

Howdy, my favorite caliber is anything .264 . For close to 40 years my favorite was 264Wm. still right there with the 6.5-300Weatherby. I smile every time I shoot either one or any of them. If I want to put a smile on my face or as you put it everyday shooter it would definitely be my custom built 264 Wm. .👍😊
How fast is the throat deteriorating on 6.5-300 bee? I looked at doing one and seemed like I would be going through barrels quickly

How fast is the throat deteriorating on 6.5-300 bee? I looked at doing one and seemed like I would be going through barrels quickly
Howdy, I have around 250 rounds down her. Had it to my gunsmith friend for trigger upgrade, he ran his bore scope through it and told me the barrel is still in perfect condition. He was amazed and so am I. The powder that I mostly use is US869, and I don't run my loads at max. Worked up a load last week, 144 HYBRID and Us869, pressure sign around 3700, found a great node at 3300. I have heard barrel last 800 to 1200 rounds. If you run it hot probably 600 to 800.🤓

Howdy, I have around 250 rounds down her. Had it to my gunsmith friend for trigger upgrade, he ran his bore scope through it and told me the barrel is still in perfect condition. He was amazed and so am I. The powder that I mostly use is US869, and I don't run my loads at max. Worked up a load last week, 144 HYBRID and Us869, pressure sign around 3700, found a great node at 3300. I have heard barrel last 800 to 1200 rounds. If you run it hot probably 600 to 800.🤓
That's kind of the numbers that I landed at and went to a 6'5 PRC instead but have toyed with buying the 6.5-300 barrel I found a decent deal on factory loaded ammo on GunBroker. It may just be a project that has the weight I need the rebarrel my 257 weatherby

I'm mostly a whitetail hunter. My first rifle was a 7-08 with 130 Speer SPBT, I switched to 243 with 87 gr VMAX, then 6mm creed with 105 AMAX. Long range aspirations moved me to a 25 creed with 131 blackjack bullets and 6.5x47 with 135 Berger hunters. This year used 6.5 creed with 85 gr hammer hunters. All performed well.

Tough to pick just one, but I have a soft spot for the 6mm. They kill deer like lightning.

For larger game hands down 300 WSM with a copper solid. I've used 180 TSX in the past with excellent performance on plains game and Elk, transitioning to 166 Hammers now.

That's kind of the numbers that I landed at and went to a 6'5 PRC instead but have toyed with buying the 6.5-300 barrel I found a decent deal on factory loaded ammo on GunBroker. It may just be a project that has the weight I need the rebarrel my 257 weatherby
If you want a fast 264, and shoot factory ammo, the 6.5-300 is great and as usual Weatherby ammo is fast and accurate. 👍