What’s your longest kill shot of 2022?

Well longest kill shot last year is somewhat subjective. Deer around 125 yards with my Tikka 270. On shot one deer. However if we want to talk about kill shots, during the woodchuck madness out on my neighbors farm last spring and summer the shots were as near as 25 yards and as far as about 130. Tikka T1x .22 LR and Winchester Silvertip 37 grain segmented ammo. I don't mean to brag but they were all one shot one kill. I have to give a lot of the credit to Tikka rifles. They are the best out of the box you can buy and shoot better than other rifles that cost two, maybe three or more times their cost.

Well longest kill shot last year is somewhat subjective. Deer around 125 yards with my Tikka 270. On shot one deer. However if we want to talk about kill shots, during the woodchuck madness out on my neighbors farm last spring and summer the shots were as near as 25 yards and as far as about 130. Tikka T1x .22 LR and Winchester Silvertip 37 grain segmented ammo. I don't mean to brag but they were all one shot one kill. I have to give a lot of the credit to Tikka rifles. They are the best out of the box you can buy and shoot better than other rifles that cost two, maybe three or more times their cost.
Love a 270. My 10/22 is my go to for squirrels and chucks. Built a 20 inch custom .22lr and it has a bit longer range. It's getting some time use now. Put a 3x9 on it. Too much scope, but it's all I have available. Hhmmm...

Love a 270. My 10/22 is my go to for squirrels and chucks. Built a 20 inch custom .22lr and it has a bit longer range. It's getting some time use now. Put a 3x9 on it. Too much scope, but it's all I have available. Hhmmm...
As I get older I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as. "Too much scope." I have a 4 x 12 x 40 on the T1x and it's wonderful for seeing those beady eyes staring back at you before your turn the lights out. :)

2022 Longest kill for me was 200 yards.
Win Mag and the Berger 215.
Impact velocity was 2696 fps.
He did not know what hit him!
IMG_6163.jpg