What’s your five? 5 Calibers to do it all...

For Hunting Purposes only:
12ga
.270 winchester (already own)
.300 weatherby (own already)
.378 weatherby
.416 weatherby
Gotta 💘 Love the Weatherby❗️every Tom Dick & Harry has tried to get their velocities by either new cartridges or by Improving & in almost all cases Weatherby is Still King 😃❗

Gotta 💘 Love the Weatherby❗️every Tom Dick & Harry has tried to get their velocities by either new cartridges or by Improving & in almost all cases Weatherby is Still King 😃❗
Really amazing to see those guys do what they did without the technology that we have today. Not much improvements on the "new" and improved cartridges.

Well a 6,5 Greed More for steel and golf balls.
A.300 PRC be course they reinvented the wheel.
A ,340 WTB , next a 375 H&H be course they are immortal.
For arguments one needs a .416 Rigby.
Any money left 338 LP H50

I personally go with the new loads not for the hype but the twist rates as they give higher bc options without custom rifles.

223/5.56 cheap and should always be avaliable

6 creedmore, don't have one yet but want one for antelope and coyotes, i.e. I look at it as a current 243.

6.5 creed shooting steel and good for training newer shooters without burning up barrels.

7prc, I have one and love it. Very versatile similar to a 300wm which I'm sure some will disagree with. But covers elk and deer well. 7saum or 28 nos would be similar but slightly different velocity windows.

300prc, again I want one and don't yet have one. At 220+grains is big enough to take anything I would be interested in.

I personally go with the new loads not for the hype but the twist rates as they give higher bc options without custom rifles.

223/5.56 cheap and should always be avaliable

6 creedmore, don't have one yet but want one for antelope and coyotes, i.e. I look at it as a current 243.

6.5 creed shooting steel and good for training newer shooters without burning up barrels.

7prc, I have one and love it. Very versatile similar to a 300wm which I'm sure some will disagree with. But covers elk and deer well. 7saum or 28 nos would be similar but slightly different velocity windows.

300prc, again I want one and don't yet have one. At 220+grains is big enough to take anything I would be interested in.
Morning
, My choices are for the 6.5 be course its accurate,I have a Stag 223 but my government is going to steal it

The 300prc they tightened up the chamber,parallel throat,faster twist [like you say] for the high BC bullets all this stuff was well known , if WTB would have the 1/2" of free bore of there rifles and made that in a tight parallel throat the would have been a miles ahead of the PCR concept.
I live in Grizzly country so a 340 works well for me.
375 is my walking the dog gun.
416 Rigby .... life would be meaning less lol
Have a great day.

I'm pretty certain I can do everything I see myself doing with these:

22LR
223 Howa Mini action with 51gr Absolute Hammer
30-30 Trapper 94 with 170gr Sierra flat nose
6.5 CM Savage ultralight 20" with 85gr Hammer Hunters
270 WSM Browning XBolt with 122gr Hammer Hunter Tipped

416 rem mag for stuff that bites bears and Africa
338-378 weatherby my favorite Alaska rifle and I will use it for elk when I go
338 win mag favorite deer rifle for 35 years
260 rem fun to shoot accurate and killls deer 100 percent with right bullets
223 good varmint round

6 ARC
6.5 Creedmoor
7 PRC
375 H&H

And of course a 22LR, 12ga, and 20ga.

I've got all of those and there's nothing I couldn't do with them and some are close enough to others that they overlap and work as a backup.

If you are going to "do it all" your list must include a rimfire, a shotgun, a pistol round and a .223/5.56 so you really only have one personal choice.

If you are going to "do it all" your list must include a rimfire, a shotgun, a pistol round and a .223/5.56 so you really only have one personal choice.

Well now….that simplifies things a bit! Especially if your a hand loader and bullet bullet caster!

* 22 rimfire in both rifle and handgun

* 460 S&W handgun- light loads with light cast (300 grains) for small game/close range small big game, 400's pushed hard for most any big/dangerous game, and my shot shells duplicating a 2 1/2" 410 shotgun shell (plastic shot cup, 1/2 ounce of #8 shot, standard powder charge for a 2 1/2" 410)

* .223 Rem. in a rifle and a Contender (varmints/small big game/defense)

* my .375 AI - with cast bullets ( duplicates the old 38-55 Win) versatile enough for small game to smallish big game (Antelope/deer, ect) at close range . Then step up to either cup and core or mono bullets - pushed hard they're easily good for soft skinned big game out beyond 700 yards, or any dangerous game on Earth at reasonable/responsible hunting distances

* 12 gauge shotgun

That should cover most any need/want her on Earth! memtb