Well boys got scammed on gunbroker(possibly resolved)

I have never bought off gunbroker before. Sorry to hear you got gyped out if $300 hopefully you can rectify the situation.

Many scams are cropping up across many networks. A group from overseas got access to my 401 K account and cleverly tried to get me to wire them $25,000 to clear up an error in a so called transaction. When I looked at my account from my end, everything looked legit, even a phone call to my account advisor turned up nothing suspicious. But when I called my brother-in-law who heads up a Calif FBI office, he told me some things to watch out for, and sure enough, it was a scam. I filed a complete report with the FBI, but the amount did not meet their threshold for investigation and prosecution. Another time, online I was attempting to make a purchase of Reloader 15 and 17 and the vendor came up with some requirements that I hadn't seen before - pre payment requirements. I backed out and sure enough that was a scam also. The crooks are copying legit websites and making them look real, but be aware of those that have unusual requirements or misspellings. Vehicle scams are quite common also. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I put in an ad for a 30-06 bushing neck die. This guy sent me an email. I thought he was legit till the last response. How many neck bushing die do I want???? At his son's place??? Triggers.

Screenshot_20220101-093513_Gallery.jpg

If you sent payment via mail, that fraud becomes a more serious offense. And potentially has more options for authorities to get involved.

Not my experience at all; a number of purchases over at least 12 years, from both dealers and individuals have all been in full legal compliance.
Every gun I own, except 1 we're bought off gunbroker, which numbers about 15 center fire rifles, 2 muzzleloaders, and 1rimfire. The only I didn't buy off gunbroker is a Remington express 20 gauge. I've also sold about a half dozen guns on gunbroker. I got ripped one time several years ago on a Winchester 1300 slug gun. It was supposed to be new, but when I got it, it was not even close to new. I emailed the seller, and he said to send it back and he'd refund me. I sent it back, but still waiting on his refund. I reported it to gunbroker, and they banned him, but my guess is he just opened another account in another name. I've bought tons of bullets, cases, some primers, and a little bit of powder, and never had 1 problem. Only the 1 issue I described above, so I'm overall very satisfied with gunbroker.

You are not alone... I got scammed on a Rifle and scope combo out of Florida. After I paid I got suspicious and found out it was a fake address and phone number. I paid through PayPal and finally got my money back after a long ordeal.

Not my experience at all; a number of purchases over at least 12 years, from both dealers and individuals have all been in full legal compliance.

The Hazmat stuff, partuicularly when the primer shortage started, has been very suspicious. Some sellers charging USPS flat rate box pricing etc. Now there are more dealers and flippers and they seem to be charging realistic shipping prices w/ hazmat. I can guarantee you there was a bunch of folks carelessly mailing and shipping primers last year. Thankfully there wasn't an incident.

Here are some examples

So two days ago my desperation for reloader 19 for the best of me and I bought a pound on gun broker from a guy with 1 a plus review , didn't think for a second he would be a scammer it says verified seller and everything and had multiple listings . So when I contacted him to make payment I proceed to tell him if he has anymore rl19 come available I'll buy more gladly. he said he had 3 more pounds if I wanted them so of course me being me and as bad I need it I said sure thing so I made payment , as soon as payment was made all communication has stopped I can't get a response ! So I finally found a phone number on his gunbroker profile and sent message , the phone owner said that one of his friends sold the powder with his account and he had to get in touch with him for tracking !! Needless to say it's def a scam and I'm out a little over 300 bucks ! The username is fatboi1919. Buyers beware !
Make him well known!, hopefully gunbroker can shut him down.

So two days ago my desperation for reloader 19 for the best of me and I bought a pound on gun broker from a guy with 1 a plus review , didn't think for a second he would be a scammer it says verified seller and everything and had multiple listings . So when I contacted him to make payment I proceed to tell him if he has anymore rl19 come available I'll buy more gladly. he said he had 3 more pounds if I wanted them so of course me being me and as bad I need it I said sure thing so I made payment , as soon as payment was made all communication has stopped I can't get a response ! So I finally found a phone number on his gunbroker profile and sent message , the phone owner said that one of his friends sold the powder with his account and he had to get in touch with him for tracking !! Needless to say it's def a scam and I'm out a little over 300 bucks ! The username is fatboi1919. Buyers beware !
Where are you located? I'm not home right now, but I may have some RL19 to spare. I'll be home in a couple hours. I'll let you know. Sorry you got taken. I've had 3 people try to scam me in the last month. Ridiculous! You can pm me or call if you'd like. (269)275-7777

I've bought and sold on GB for 20yrs. Up till 2013 no problems at all. After a couple gun market scares with the addition of 30 million more gun owners in the country I saw a sharp decline in buyer quality. Non-paying bidders, liars that say they didn't mean to bid, even with a two-step process, buyers leaving negative feedback instead of contacting me to resolve the issue. I provide detailed pics, and especially show any blemishes or boo-boos on a gun. I also offer to provide videos of a gun. I will answer any questions by phone, and want people to name their driveway after me when the deal is done.