Mentally Challenged Individuals on Gunbroker

I am proud to say I have not darkened the doorway of a DSG since they got political with ar's. I am fixing to do the same with wallyworld if they do in fact quit selling all guns. They have quit selling hunting videos in my store which I don't care about but the reason is ridiculous.

people who demand price regulations are hardened communists, whether they realize it or not. their demand is literally the opposite of free market capitalism. I'm hearing things that parrot exactly the line from Chavez and Maduro, who learned it from Castro, who learned it from Stalin, who learned it from Marx.

"Under the law, profit margins are restricted to a maximum of 30%......The law also imposes new penalties for economic crimes such as hoarding and price speculation....

Last edited:
Sooooo I've been looking for primers for almost a month now. I finally found a 1000 large rifle magnums for $100 BUT this screenshot shows how hard it is to find them now. When they get back in stock, I'm buying a case of every kind available so this won't happen again.
If I wasn't worried it would cost me dearly in the future I would open the vault and sell off a bunch of primers and become a Thousanddollaraire and drive straight to the local Choke and Puke, buy a burrito and a beer and enjoy the proceeds of my "investment" for my 15 minutes of fame, Yesiree! But IF I had a friend in dire need for primers to build some ammo for an upcoming hunt, I'd just GIVE him 200 or so to help him out.
Would he remember me in the future and replace then when he could buy whichever primers he needed is an unknown. But at least I can look in the mirror at this ugly mug in the morning and know I didn't bend a buddy over a barrel because I could.
I just can't take undue advantage of others like that.
Sadly I think I'm an oddity if compared to what I'm seeing on GB and other such sites.
Good Luck and God Bless to All in these trying times.
Lord how I Pray this crap subsided ASAP.

Last edited:
Wouldn't GB be able to identify shill accounts when their only bids are for items listed by a single seller or perhaps a handful?

It reminds me of the Beanie Baby craze. My BIL was making a killing. He would locate a case of a particularly desirable one, agree to a price and delivery date a few weeks out, then list them individually. He wasn't going to be left standing when the music stopped, and he knew it would eventually because there was almost nothing in intrinsic value.

He would have payment in hand before his payment was due. He said he would laugh when people buying from him told him they were an investment that would send their children to college. He wouldn't tell them out loud that it was going to send his own kids to college.

Not Gunbroker's fault. They are just an auction house like Ebay. Buyer beware and all that.

I sold 3.5 boxes of 147 eld's on here last week at $40 box. Figured I would just sell them for the going retail price. Sold in 10 minutes. I suspect if I put them on GB I would have made double but that's ok because they went to a fellow LRH shooter.

Now I have a bunch of 7mm bullets to sell and thinking of putting them on GB if these insane prices are real. I don't mind helping fellow shooters out but I got a project to finance and am not opposed to letting the free market help fund it.

I completely swore off Cheaper than Dirt after they went crazy with prices after Sandy Hook and other events. I have no problem with what they did legally, just don't care to do business with a company that would go as far as they did with the craziness. That's the beauty of the free market. I can vote with my dollars.

If I wasn't worried it would cost me dearly in the future I would open the vault and sell off a bunch of primers and become a Thousanddollaraire and drive straight to the local Choke and Puke, buy a burrito and a beer and enjoy the proceeds of my "investment" for my 15 minutes of fame, Yesiree! But IF I had a friend in dire need for primers to build some ammo for an upcoming hunt, I'd just GIVE him 200 or so to help him out.
Would he remember me in the future and replace then when he could buy whichever primers he needed is an unknown. But at least I can look in the mirror at this ugly mug in the morning and know I didn't band a buddy over a barrel because I could.
I just can't take undue advantage of others like that.
Sadly I think I'm an oddity if compared to what I'm seeing on GB and other such sites.
Good Luck and God Bless to All in these trying times.
Lord how I Pray this crap subsided ASAP.
Great attitude and a good reminder for me!
"A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed"
Thanks! You made my day!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.