Well boys got scammed on gunbroker(possibly resolved)

Did I understand that right? You're willing to pay $75/lb. for powder? Glad I have a stash.
For rl19 yes sir I certainly will lol only because It's the best powder I have shot in my 7wsm and shoots the most accurate with the most velocity ! Now I'm not saying it's the end all be all because I have not tried every single powder out there it's just the best one I tried and when I find a sweet load I typically stop load development for that rifle until something runs out and becomes unobtainable!

Was there a crazy storm in cali around la yesterday and the day before for any of you guys that's in cali ? Just heard back from seller and was told there was a bad storm and couldn't drive to the fed ex hub !
Yes there was a lot of rain: 2.42" on Dec 29, and 1.88" on Dec 30 in LA, according to NOAA's hourly record for the past 3 days. That wouldn't bother us in OK, but it's a lot for LA, which has poor storm drainage and a lot of mudslide problems

Sorry to here what happened to you I hope you get the powder you paid for. I recently had a problem on Gun Broker. My account was hacked on their website and I was locked out. This also took place while I was in the middle of a sales transaction to boot. I looked for ways to contact Gun Broker and I found out unless you pay for an upgraded service which will allow you to use a Chat Now option, the only way to contact them is to send them an email and wait for a reply, the only problem with that is in order to email them you have to login, so how am I supposed to email tech support if I'm locked out !!. So I decided to reregister as a new user and email tech support and explain my dilemma. After 2 weeks I got a response In the form of an email, they asked me to call a number and speak to a tech support person. The support tech verified that my account had been hacked and they would restore my old account with all my reviews. All I had to do was once my account was restored was to change my password. Finally I was able to login to my account, but I lost all of my reviews I had over 105 all positive reviews that took me years to accumulate. What a headache!!. I have since then stopped using Gun Broker .

So two days ago my desperation for reloader 19 for the best of me and I bought a pound on gun broker from a guy with 1 a plus review , didn't think for a second he would be a scammer it says verified seller and everything and had multiple listings . So when I contacted him to make payment I proceed to tell him if he has anymore rl19 come available I'll buy more gladly. he said he had 3 more pounds if I wanted them so of course me being me and as bad I need it I said sure thing so I made payment , as soon as payment was made all communication has stopped I can't get a response ! So I finally found a phone number on his gunbroker profile and sent message , the phone owner said that one of his friends sold the powder with his account and he had to get in touch with him for tracking !! Needless to say it's def a scam and I'm out a little over 300 bucks !

"I have since had comms with seller since this thread was created and this is possibly resolved .. waiting on package now , we will see . If I was wrong I will eat my words and apologize to the man ! I truly hope I was wrong ! "
I learned the hard way on gunbroker myself. They do essentially nothing to help you if you do get scammed. I bought a $2,000 scoped rifle that was trashed when I got it. Not the same rifle in the pictures and I got nowhere with gunbroker. They claim they have a minimal amount of insurance available in case this happens ($600 max I believe they say but I think it's $0 because that's what I got, $0 and zero communication.) The same rifle was listed on gunbroker a month later, so I'm sure there are a few of us that were victims of the same listing. You can't actually talk to anybody and when I jumped through all their hoops literally nothing happened. I now only buy from mega sellers like Reeds; no individuals which makes gunbroker almost useless to me.

I learned the hard way on gunbroker myself. They do essentially nothing to help you if you do get scammed. I bought a $2,000 scoped rifle that was trashed when I got it. Not the same rifle in the pictures and I got nowhere with gunbroker. They claim they have a minimal amount of insurance available in case this happens ($600 max I believe they say but I think it's $0 because that's what I got, $0 and zero communication.) The same rifle was listed on gunbroker a month later, so I'm sure there are a few of us that were victims of the same listing. You can't actually talk to anybody and when I jumped through all their hoops literally nothing happened. I now only buy from mega sellers like Reeds; no individuals which makes gunbroker almost useless to me.
Wow that's terrible man , I bet he got a few more people with the same dang rifle , what a shame ! Yea I couldn't get a real person on the phone either !! They wanna play the email game ! It's ridiculous

There's to much money in retail and sales, they'd rather pay out via their contract rules rather then pay out victims total compensation. Same reason your CC information is so readily available. It's cheaper to pay it out vs protect the consumer. Worst part, locals don't do anything, it won't meet federal thresholds therefore nothing is done. White collar pays.

So two days ago my desperation for reloader 19 for the best of me and I bought a pound on gun broker from a guy with 1 a plus review , didn't think for a second he would be a scammer it says verified seller and everything and had multiple listings . So when I contacted him to make payment I proceed to tell him if he has anymore rl19 come available I'll buy more gladly. he said he had 3 more pounds if I wanted them so of course me being me and as bad I need it I said sure thing so I made payment , as soon as payment was made all communication has stopped I can't get a response ! So I finally found a phone number on his gunbroker profile and sent message , the phone owner said that one of his friends sold the powder with his account and he had to get in touch with him for tracking !! Needless to say it's def a scam and I'm out a little over 300 bucks !

"I have since had comms with seller since this thread was created and this is possibly resolved .. waiting on package now , we will see . If I was wrong I will eat my words and apologize to the man ! I truly hope I was wrong ! "
Glad to hear you "may" have it resolved. I still believe in people (for the most part)

Over the years I have both bought and sold firearms over GunBroker.com. I have not used them for many years since I noticed that they were a sales portal for those who like to price fix and rip people off. Current point, I am in need of a Sig Sauer P320 M17 in Black. I have a new part time job and my employer, who favors Glock 19's, which I will not carry or buy after bad experiences with several Glocks that I have in fact owned over the years. All were big disappointments and I for one refuse to carry one since I value my life if it ever comes to using it in a defensive manner. They condescended to allow a Sig, with a thumb safety providing It is in Black, not Coyote. Sig Sauer actually made the M17 in Black, it was called the M17 Bravo. Sig discontinued the production sometime last year and advised to contact Sig Dealers that might still have one in stock. Unfortunately they could not provide the names of the dealers that they had shipped the Bravo model to. I found several Bravo models at Gun Broker all advertised as Rare and Collectable with prices between $850 and $1295 for a $654 dollar MSRP handgun. Yes...Gunbroker is now a portal for those who desire to rip people off. I used their contact the seller app to contact one of the rip off sellers offering to pay $700 for the M17 Bravo. Haven't heard back yet. There are more legitimate firearms auction sites where one can buy and sell firearms without being gouged. Wisconsin Surplus Auction is one site. One I have used lately is Kramer Auction Service in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin. Both are good venues to sell your firearms as well as purchase under a legitimate auction venue. Something to think about.

Well I finally got a reply from one of the individuals that was holding a M17 Bravo hostage. We dickered back and forth and he finally agreed to $750 which i $100 over MSRP. By the time it was all done with the shipping and now the FFL fee it will be about $175 over MSRP which all facts considered is about as good as it gets. Have the tracking number and it is on the way to Cabelas in Sun Prairie with a due date of this Friday, January 7th. The search is over, didn't take that long and did prove that some with high prices on Gun Broker will work with lower prices. It is probably the exception, not the rule.

ok guys , I want to thank everybody for the overwhelming response I got from everyone here and am appalled at all the bad experiences that people have had off of gun broker . my matter has been resolved. It was a failure of communication due to obviously a bad storm , the package was shipped and the seller , maintained Comms from that point forward . I did receive my package everything was packaged well and brand new as described. I don't want anybody to hate on the man anymore as I think it was just a failure to communicate and being a new seller, take care guys !

ok guys , I want to thank everybody for the overwhelming response I got from everyone here and am appalled at all the bad experiences that people have had off of gun broker . my matter has been resolved. It was a failure of communication due to obviously a bad storm , the package was shipped and the seller , maintained Comms from that point forward . I did receive my package everything was packaged well and brand new as described. I don't want anybody to hate on the man anymore as I think it was just a failure to communicate and being a new seller, take care guys !
So good to hear. And I would probably buy from him....right after reminding him how I heard about him.....:rolleyes: